September 22 – Jankowski
September 29 – Kelley
Sunday, September 24
Sunday School/Bible Class 9:00 a.m.
Church 10:00 a.m.
Monday, September 25
Parent Night 7:00 p.m.
Friday, September 29
to Wargo Nature Center
Monday, October 16
CLC Teachers’ Conference break
Joint Reformation Service, 4:00 p.m.
Sing in church
Hymnology: Due Mon., Sept. 25
TLH 266: O God, Our Lord, Thy Holy Word
Gr. 1-8: v. 1
Bible Passages: Due Wed., Sept. 27
Gr. 1: Luke 11:28
Gr. 2: Ps. 124:8; Matt. 6 :24
Gr. 3: 1 John 4:19; Is. 43:11
Gr. 4: John 1:17 ; Rom. 3 :20
Gr. 5: Ps. 119:32; Deut. 6:4
Catechism: Due Fri., Sept. 29
Kindergarten: Due Fri., Sept. 29
Hymn #266: v. 1
Strange Laws in the U.S.
Maryland: It is
illegal to eat while swimming in the ocean.
It is unclear where and how this law originated.
- Parent night is Monday evening at 7:00. This gives the teachers a chance to find out if any of our parents have questions about school.
- The field trip is next Friday. The children should
be at school by the regular time of 8:00 and we will plan on leaving school at 9:00. Please have your children bring a sack lunch. School will be dismissed at the normal time of 3:15.
Permission slips were sent home today. There is one per family. Please send those back on Monday.
- Our October singing has been changed from October 17 to October 29. We will be singing at the 4:00 p.m. Joint Reformation Service here at Grace. Our school children will be singing with
children from our CLC congregations from around Minnesota. This is the first time that Grace has hosted this service and it should be a very uplifting one with many visitors from around
Minnesota. Please join us! There will be a potluck meal afterwards.
- The end of our first grading period is Friday, October 6. Parent/Teacher conferences will be held on Monday, October 16. There will be no school that whole week as the teachers will then be
attending the CLC Teachers’ Conference in Inver Grove Heights.
Elsie – 5th grade
- Favorite place to visit: grandparent’s house
- My favorite spot to do homework is: under my loft
- In the future, I’d like to: visit Togo
- Three words that describe me: sympathetic, weird, colorful
- I’m really looking forward to this year because: I’m in Catechism!