Upcoming EventsSchool Cleaners May 26 – Wales Sunday, May 28 SUMMER SCHEDULE BEGINS Church 9:00 a.m. Grace Graduation Sing in church (Go Now in Peace) Thursday, June 8 Spring Lake Park Tower Days parade 6:30 p.m. (Meet at 5:45) Saturday, August 5 School Cleaning Day Monday, August 14 Ice Cream Social Monday, August 28 School begins
Memory WorkReasons to Memorize Scripture First, Bible verses that are memorized will come back to you. Memorized Scripture is particularly helpful when you’re being tempted. Second, memorizing Scripture, like all Scripture engagement practices, will help you grow in your knowledge of, love for, and obedience to God. Third, memorized Scripture is also helpful as you serve other people. You can bless others when you have an appropriate passage to share. Finally, memorizing Scripture is a powerful tool to help you to live out your faith.
Friday FunStrange Laws in the U.S. Kansas: Don’t screech your tires. In the city of Derby, screeching your tires on the road could land you in prison for a month or pay a fine of $500 or both.
- Here is the link to last night’s production of “Gold Dust or Bust.” https://youtu.be/vPATyMhGqSg
- Graduation Sunday is this Sunday, May 28. We have two graduates from 8th grade. As is our tradition, we will be singing “Go Now in Peace” with the Grace Alumni. The service will begin at 9:00 a.m. (summer schedule).
- The annual Spring Lake Park Tower Days parade will be on Thursday, June 8 at 6:30 p.m. We plan on meeting at Woodcrest School on Osborne Rd. at 5:45 and then walking over to the parade site together.
- Our annual VBS is scheduled for July 24-28. This goes from 9:00-11:30 a.m. There is a sign-up sheet in the church narthex.
- Please take note of the upcoming events for August and add them to your calendar.
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy— meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4