Upcoming EventsSchool Cleaners May 19 – Oman May 26 – Wales Sunday, May 21 Confirmation examination 9:00 a.m. Church 10:00 a.m. Sing in church (Abide with Me) Thursday, May 25 Spring Program 7:00 p.m. Friday, May 26 LAST DAY OF SCHOOL NOON DISMISSAL Sunday, May 28 SUMMER SCHEDULE BEGINS Church 9:00 a.m. Grace Graduation Sing in church (Go Now in Peace) Thursday, June 8 Spring Lake Park Tower Days parade 6:30 p.m. (Meet at 5:45)
Memory WorkHymnology: Due Mon., May 22 TLH #540: With the Lord Begin Thy Task Gr. K-2: v. 5 TLH #52: Almighty Father Bless the Word Gr. 3-8: all Bible Passages: Due Wed., May 24 Gr. K: John 1:29 Gr. 1: Rom. 8:31; Ps. 51:10 Gr. 2: Gal. 3:26; Matt. 5:13 Gr. 3: 1 Pet. 5:7; Luke 23 :34 Gr. 4: Rom. 3:28; Rom. 6:23 Gr. 5: Mark 16:16; Luke 6:31 Catechism: Due Fri., May 26 K-2: 5th Petition Gr. 3-5: 7th Petition
Friday FunStrange Laws in the U.S. Iowa: Don’t throw bricks on highways without permission In the city of Mount Vernon, do not throw stones, bricks or missiles of any kind on or into any street, alley, highway, sidewalk, public way, public ground or public building without written permission from the city council.
- Last call for end of the year picnic RSVP. We need to let the Board of Education know how many people to plan for. If you have not already done so, please let Mrs. Hein know if you will be attending.
- This Sunday, May 21, is Confirmation Sunday. The examination, where our confirmand will be asked questions regarding Lutheran doctrine, will be at 9:00 with the service to follow. We will be singing Hymn 552, “Abide With Me.”
- Thursday, May 25, at 7:00 p.m. will be our annual spring program. Parents are asked to bring something for the refreshments that will follow. Children should be at school at 6:30 p.m.
- On Friday, May 26, we will be having our end of the year “picnic.” School will be dismissed as close to noon as possible, so if you are not here for the picnic, please plan on being at school at that time.
- Graduation Sunday is May 28. We have two graduates from 8th grade. As is our tradition, we will be singing “Go Now in Peace” with the Grace Alumni. The service will begin at 9:00 a.m. (summer schedule).
- The annual Spring Lake Park Tower Days parade will be on Thursday, June 8 at 6:30 p.m. Our school will be participating and we ask that if you are planning on attending that you let Mrs. Hein know so we can get an idea of how many we will have. We plan on meeting at Woodcrest School on Osborne Rd. at 5:45 and then walking over to the parade site together.
Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. Psalm 119:105