May 19 – Oman
May 26 – Wales
Confirmation examination 9:00 a.m.
Church 10:00 a.m.
Sing in church (Abide with Me)
Thursday, May 25
Spring Program 7:00 p.m.
Friday, May 26
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
Sunday, May 28
SUMMER SCHEDULE BEGINS
Church 9:00 a.m.
Sing in church (Go Now in Peace)
Thursday, June 8
Spring Lake Park Tower Days parade
6:30 p.m. (Meet at 5:45)
Hymnology: Due Mon., May 22
TLH #540: With the Lord Begin Thy Task
Gr. K-2: v. 5
TLH #52: Almighty Father Bless the Word
Gr. 3-8: all
Bible Passages: Due Wed., May
Gr. K: John 1:29
Gr. 1: Rom. 8:31; Ps. 51:10
Gr. 2: Gal. 3:26; Matt. 5:13
Gr. 3: 1 Pet. 5:7; Luke 23 :34
Gr. 4: Rom. 3:28; Rom. 6:23
Gr. 5: Mark 16:16; Luke 6:31
Catechism: Due Fri., May 26
K-2: 5th Petition
Gr. 3-5: 7th Petition
Strange Laws in the U.S.
throw bricks on highways without permission
In the city of Mount Vernon, do not throw stones, bricks or missiles of
any kind on or into any street,
alley, highway, sidewalk, public way, public ground or public building without
written permission from
the city council.
- Last call for end of the year picnic RSVP. We need to let the Board of Education know how many people to plan for. If you have not already done so, please let Mrs. Hein know if you will be
- This Sunday, May 21, is Confirmation Sunday. The examination, where our confirmand will be asked questions regarding Lutheran doctrine, will be at 9:00 with the service to follow. We will
be singing Hymn 552, “Abide With Me.”
- Thursday, May 25, at 7:00 p.m. will be our annual spring program. Parents are asked to bring something for the refreshments that will follow. Children should be at school at 6:30 p.m.
- On Friday, May 26, we will be having our end of the year “picnic.” School will be dismissed as close to noon as possible, so if you are not here for the picnic, please plan on being at
school at that time.
- Graduation Sunday is May 28. We have two graduates from 8th grade. As is our tradition, we will be singing “Go Now in Peace” with the Grace Alumni. The service will begin at 9:00 a.m.
- The annual Spring Lake Park Tower Days parade will be on Thursday, June 8 at 6:30 p.m. Our school will be participating and we ask that if you are planning on attending that you let Mrs.
Hein know so we can get an idea of how many we will have. We plan on meeting at Woodcrest School on Osborne Rd. at 5:45 and then walking over to the parade site together.
Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. Psalm 119:105