April 28 – Baker
May 5 – Bomber
Sunday School/Bible Class 9:00 a.m.
Church 10:00 a.m.
Field Trip to Oliver Kelley Farm
Friday, May 12
Grades 5-8 Field Day
Grades 1-4 NO SCHOOL
Friday, May 19
Friday, May 26
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
Hymnology: Due Mon., May 1
TLH #552: Abide With Me
Gr. K-2: v. 7
TLH #540: With the Lord Begin Thy Task
Gr. 3: v. 1
Gr. 4-8: v. 1-2
Bible Passages: Due Wed., May 3
Gr. K: 1 John 1:7
Gr. 1: Luke 23:34; Ps. 121:1
Gr. 2: Rom. 12:5; 2 Tim. 2:19
Gr. 3: Is. 53:6; John 17:17
Gr. 4: Rom. 7:18; Ps. 51:5
Gr. 5: John 17:17; 1 Cor. 10:31
Catechism: Due Fri., May 5
K-2: 3rd Petition
Gr. 3-5: 4th Petition
Strange Laws in the U.S.
sell an Idaho potato that has blemishes
Idaho takes its potatoes very seriously, it produces nearly one-third of the
potatoes grown in the United
States. Due to this, the state legislature has made it illegal to sell an “Idaho Deluxe”
potato with rot,
blemishes or sun damage. Disobeying this edict can land you in jail for up to six months.
- Please try to return your applications for the fall as soon as possible. If your children are not returning, please let one of the teachers know that as well.
- The field trip to the Oliver Kelley Farm is on Monday. We will be leaving school at 10:15 and returning around 2:00. We will have classes when we return, so please plan on picking up your
children at the regular time. Lunches should be in disposable bags/containers only so we don’t have to worry about transporting lunch boxes back to school. From the website: Everyone is
expected to dress for the weather, including closed-toed shoes. The program is presented rain or shine and is outdoors!
- Field Day in Inver Grove Heights for the 5th-8th graders will be on Friday, May 12. K-4 will not have school that day. More information will be coming about this event.
- Upcoming singing dates:
- o Sunday, May 21 – Confirmation, 10 a.m.
- o Sunday, May 28 – Graduation, 9 a.m.
Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12