Upcoming EventsSchool Cleaners April 21 – Wales April 28 – Baker Sunday, April 23 Sunday School/Bible Class 9:00 a.m. Church 10:00 a.m. April 24-26 Iowa Basics Tests Friday, April 28 Visitors’ Day, Grades 7-8 Kindergarten Round-up Monday, May 1 Field Trip to Oliver Kelley Farm Friday, May 12 Grades 5-8 Field Day Grades 1-4 NO SCHOOL Friday, May 19 School dismisses at NOON
Memory WorkHymnology: Due Mon., Apr. 24 TLH #552: Abide With Me Gr. K-2: v. 6 Gr. 3-8: v. 7-8 Bible Passages: Due Wed., Apr. 26 Gr. K: John 1:29 Gr. 1: John 18:36; 1 Pet. 5:7 Gr. 2: 1 Cor. 12:3; John 17:17 Gr. 3: Eph. 1:7; Rom. 3:23 Gr. 4: Gen 8:21; John 3:6 Gr. 5: 1 Cor. 12:3; Rom. 14:17 Catechism: Due Fri., Apr. 28 K-2: 2nd Petition Gr. 3-5: 3rd Petition
Friday FunStrange Laws in the U.S. Hawaii: Don’t put coins in your ears. Early in the 20th century when Hawaii was part of the US, an order was issued to destroy the local currency. The island natives came up with an ingenious way of hiding coins…in their ears. The state government, however, put out a law to curtail this habit.
- Please try to return your applications for the fall as soon as possible. If your children are not returning, please let one of the teachers know that as well.
- Iowa Basics testing begins on Monday. The students should try to get a good night’s sleep the night before, have a good, healthy breakfast, and don’t bring sugary snacks for the morning. The tests will be in the mornings only (Monday – Wednesday), and we will have some classes in the afternoon.
- The 7th and 8th graders who are going to Eau Claire for Immanuel Visitors’ Day on Friday, April 28, will be leaving from school at 6:00 a.m. They will be back to school late that night, perhaps around 11:30. Rick Nelson will be driving and will inform parents as to the expected time of arrival.
- We still need one more driver for the field trip on May 1. We will be leaving school around 10:15 and returning by 2:00. We will be having class when we return, so school will be dismissed at the regular time of 3:15. Lunches should be in disposable bags/containers only so we don’t have to worry about transporting lunch boxes back to school.
- Field Day in Inver Grove Heights for the 5th-8th graders will be on Friday, May 12. K-4 will not have school that day. More information will be coming on this event.
- Upcoming singing dates:
- o Sunday, May 21 – Confirmation, 10 a.m.
- o Sunday, May 28 – Graduation, 9 a.m.
Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6