April 6 – Ude
April 14 – Vandeveer
April 7-Monday, April 10
Friday, April 7
Good Friday service, 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 9
Easter breakfast, 7:30
Easter service, 9:00 a.m.
Tuesday, April 11
Iowa Basics Tests
Friday, April 28
Visitors’ Day, Grades 7-8
Friday, May 12
Grades 5-8 Field Day
1-4 NO SCHOOL
Bible Passages: Due Wed., Apr. 12
Gr. K: John 11:25
Gr. 1: 2 Tim. 2:19; Matt. 7:15
Gr. 2: Rom. 3:23; 1 John 1:7
Gr. 3: Ps. 119:105; Deut. 6:4
Gr. 4: 1 Pet. 4:8; Matt. 18:15
Gr. 5: 2 Tim. 3 :15 ; 2 Pet. 3 :9
Catechism: Due Fri., Apr. 14
K-2: The Address to the Lord’s Prayer
Gr. 3-5: 1st Petition
Strange Laws in the U.S.
must park your truck indoors after 7 p.m.
Since the 1960s the city of Coral Gables has prohibited truck owners from
parking their vehicles on
driveways or on city streets. This law was reinforced in 2011 when the city started
to fine people $100 for their first violation and $500 for subsequent violations.
- ❖ There is NO SCHOOL tomorrow, Good Friday, or on Monday. School will resume as normal on Tuesday. A blessed Good Friday and Easter to you all!
- ❖ We sing in church on Friday evening for the Good Friday service. The service begins at 7:00 p.m. On Sunday morning there is an Easter breakfast that begins at 7:30 a.m. and we will be
singing for the 9:00 service.
- ❖ We are coming up to a very busy time of the school year. Please pay close attention to the Friday Note in the coming weeks.
- ❖ Eau Claire Immanuel Lutheran High School is holding its annual Visitors’ Day on Friday, April 28. The 7th and 8th graders will leave for Eau Claire early that morning and return late that
night after the 7:30 performance of the spring play, The Westing Game. More details will be given in the coming weeks.
- ❖ We will be going on a field trip to the Oliver Kelley Farm in Elk River on Monday, May 1. More details will follow but as always, we will need drivers/chaperones. If you can help out,
please let Mrs. Hein know.
- ❖ Upcoming singing dates:
- o Friday, April 7 – Good Friday, 7p.m.
- o Sunday, April 9 – Easter, 9 a.m.
- o Sunday, May 21 – Confirmation, 10 a.m.
- o Sunday, May 28 – Graduation, 10 a.m.
I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. John 11:25-26