March 24 – Rinne
March 31 – Snyder
Bible Class 9:00 a.m.
Church 10:00 a.m.
Friday, March 31
STUDENT FAIR, 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 2
Palm Sunday concert 10:00 a.m.
Friday, April 7-Monday, April 10
Good Friday, sing in church 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 9
Easter, sing in church 9:00
Tuesday, April 11
Hymnology: Due Mon., Mar. 27
TLH #150: Lord Jesus, Thou Art Going
K-2: v. 1 or 2
Gr. 3-8: Highlighted portion
Bible Passages: Due Wed., Mar. 29
Gr. K: Matt. 22:39
Gr. 1: John 14:19; John 3:16
Gr. 2: Matt. 17:15; Matt. 16:15
Gr. 3: Rom. 3:28; Rom. 6:23
Gr. 4: 2 Thess. 3:10; 2 Cor. 9:7
Gr. 5: Rom. 7:18; Is. 53:6
Catechism: Due Fri., Mar. 31
Third Article, pt. 2
Strange Laws in the U.S.
Pickles must bounce
In 1948, two pickle packers named Sidney Sparer and Moses Dexler were arrested for selling
pickles unfit for
human consumption. Connecticut’s Food and Drug Commissioner at the time,
Frederick Holcomb, proclaimed that a real pickle “should bounce”
when dropped from the height of one foot, leading to a new state ordinance.
- ❖ Mid-term grades were sent home today. Please initial them and send them back to school on Monday.
- ❖ The Student Fair is next Friday, March 31, at 7:00 p.m. Feel free to invite family and friends! We ask that parents bring refreshments for afterwards.
- ❖ Our annual Palm Sunday concert is Sunday, April 2. We have one song where the children are divided into two groups so it would be most helpful if everyone could be here. The children
should wear black bottoms and white tops.
- ❖ Parents of 4th graders – check out this link for free access to national parks: https://everykidoutdoors.gov/index.htm
- ❖ Upcoming singing dates:
- o Sunday, April 2 – Palm Sunday concert, 10 a.m.
- o Friday, April 7 – Good Friday, 7p.m.
- o Sunday, April 9 – Easter, 9 a.m.
- o Sunday, May 21 – Confirmation, 10 a.m.
o Sunday, May 28 – Graduation, 10 a.m.
The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1