Upcoming EventsSchool Cleaners May 26 – Wales Sunday, May 29 Church 9:00 a.m. Sing “Go Now in Peace” Thursday, June 9 SLP Tower Days Parade Meet at 5:45 July 25-29 VBS 9:00 – 11:30 a.m. Saturday, August 6 School Cleaning Day 9:00 a.m. Tuesday, August 23 Ice Cream Social 7:00 p.m. Monday, August 29 School begins
Memory WorkLet the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. Col. 3:16
Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. Psalm 119:105
How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word. With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments! Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You. Psalm 119:9-11
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts,and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear. 1 Peter 3:15
- We are singing “Go Now in Peace” this Sunday. This Sunday is when we start our summer schedule so church begins at 9:00 a.m.
- The Spring Lake Park Tower Days Parade is Thursday, June 9. We will be meeting at Woodcrest Spanish Immersion School at 5:45 to walk over to the parade site together. The parade starts at 6:30 and usually lasts a little more than an hour. If you ordered a t-shirt, please speak to Mrs. Hein about getting that prior to the meeting time.
- Vacation Bible School: On July 25-29, 9:00-11:30 am, we will be having our VBS. This includes children aged 4 years, to children going into eighth grade. Please register your children on the sheet by the guest book in the church entryway.
- In addition to your local library program, check out these summer reading programs:
- https://dispatch.barnesandnoble.com/content/dam/ccr/h/summer-reading/2022/126443- 06BNJournalSheetPrintable.pdf
- https://www.chuckecheese.com/wp- content/uploads/2022/01/LSM_Reading-English_Calendar_22-1.pdf
Answer to this week’s Friday Fun:
Too funny for words (Two funny, four words)
Last Week’s Friday
Answer: scrambled eggs