School Cleaners September 17 – Craven/Nelson September 24 – Doucette/Ude
Sunday, September 19 Bible Class/Sunday School 9:00 a.m. Church 10:00 a.m. Church picnic Monday, September 20 Parent Night 7:00 p.m. Friday,
October 8 Field Trip to Wargo Nature Center Heritage Lab Monday, October 11
School Pictures Monday, October 18 Parent/Teacher conferences NO
SCHOOL Tuesday-Friday, October 19-22 CLC Teachers’ Conference Break NO SCHOOL
Hymn: Due Mon., Sept. 20 WS 769: Lift High the Cross Gr. K: v. 1 Gr. 1-8: v. 1-2 & refrain Bible Passages: Due Wed., Sept. 22 Gr. K: Romans 6:23
Gr. 1: 1 Thes. 5:17 Gr. 2: 1 John 4:19; Prov 8:13 Gr. 3: Rom. 3:20; John 3:16 Gr. 4: Rom. 1:16; 2 Tim. 3:15 Gr. 5: Rom. 6:23; 2 Cor. 3:6 Catechism: Due Fri., Sept. 24
- This week’s newsletter has a lot of information in it. Please read carefully!
- Mid-term grades were sent home with your children today. This is a chance for you and your child to see how their grades are so far this grading period. The actual report cards will come
out on Friday, October 8. Please initial the mid-term papers and send them back to school on Monday.
- Parent night is Monday at 7:00. At this meeting we typically have the parents come without the children. It is okay for only one parent to come as well. The teachers will provide
refreshments for the evening.
- One of the reading incentive programs we use at Grace is Pizza Hut Book It. While the children are at school, we ask them to read 20 minutes some time during their day. When each student
reaches a minute reading goal for the month, he or she earns a coupon for a personal pan pizza. Since this program has gone completely digital in the last couple of years, parents must provide
an email and give approval before certificates can be awarded. There will be a discussion of reading incentive programs at parent night and it would be helpful if every family had a connected
device on hand to sign in and give approval to accept emails from Pizza Hut Book It.
- Our school pictures will be taken on Monday, October 11 with a back-up date of Wednesday, October 13. We usually try to get these done towards the end of September, but we couldn’t work it
into Pastor’s September schedule. For those who don’t know, Pastor Hein takes our pictures outside and edits them and we send them out to Sam’s Club for a very reasonable price. Order forms
will go home at the beginning of October.
- Our next date for singing in church will be Sunday, October 10. This is the annual Mission Festival after which there will be a potluck meal.
- We are getting to that time of year again where the weather can be unpredictable. Mrs. Nelson’s room goes out for a morning recess and it is often too cool for shorts at that time of day.
We suggest that your children come to school in pants and bring a pair of shorts to change into later in the day. Also, please have them bring a sweatshirt or light jacket.
- Several children are using too much of their lunch time going to the drinking fountain. Please send a water bottle that they can use at lunchtime so they have more time for eating.
- Thank you to all who have volunteered to drive/chaperone for our field trip on October 8. We did get enough drivers. More information will be sent in regard to the field trip in the next
couple of weeks.
Last Week’s Friday Fun
Answer: Missing U (you)