Upcoming Events School Cleaners February 29 – Bomber March 7 – Craven Sunday, March 1 Sunday School/Bible Class 9:00 a.m. Church 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, March 4 Soup supper, 6:00 p.m. Lenten service, 7:00 p.m. Friday, March 6 Student Fair Due Date Grade 2: Paragraph completed Grades 3-7: Final Draft Due March 13-15 5 – 8 CLC Grade School BB tournament Eau Claire, WI March 13-18 Spring Break NO SCHOOL
Memory Work Hymn: Due Mon., March 2 Eagles’ Wings Gr. K: v. 1 Gr. 1-2: V. 1-2 Clap Your Hands, All Ye Children Gr. 3-7: all Bible Passages: Due Wed., March 4 K: Luke 11:28 Gr. 1: John 1:29 Gr. 2: Rom. 7:18; Matt. 18:11 Gr. 3: James 4:11; Matt. 18:15; Gal. 5:3 Gr. 4: 1 John 3:15; Eph. 4:32; Matt. 19:6 Gr. 5: Rom. 3:23; Ps. 49:7; 1 John 1:7 Catechism: Due Fri., March 6 Gr. K-2: Third Article Gr. 3-5: Psalm 103:8-13
Friday Fun I’m under your face, I’m outside your mind; A biological case, Pressure brings pain sometimes. What am I?
- Report cards will be sent home on Monday. Please sign and return the envelope.
- The children will be singing with the Immanuel Lutheran Tour Choir on Sunday, March 22 at 10:00 a.m. (The choir director would like the children at church by 9:20 so that the school children can practice with the choir members). We have been working on the song at school and the link was sent home on the bottom of the word sheet, but in case you have had trouble locating it, here is the direct link:
- We will be having our annual spirit week March 9-12. The students are not required to participate, but the students always have fun with it. The themes for each day are as follows: Monday, March 9 – Pajama Day Tuesday, March 10 – Dress like a flag day (choose a country and wear the colors of its flag) Wednesday, March 11 – Dress Up for Church Thursday, March 12 – Mismatch Day
- Our spring break starts on Friday, March 13 and we will resume school again on Thursday, March 19.
- Remaining singing dates:
- March 22 (Tour Choir – updated)
- April 5 (Palm Sunday concert)
- April 10 (Good Friday, 7 p.m.)
- April 12 (Easter) May 10
- May 24 (Graduation Sunday)
Last Week’s Friday Fun You are on an island in the middle of a lake. The lake is in a remote part of the country and there has never been a bridge connecting the island to the mainland. Every day a tractor and wagon gives hay rides around the island. Puzzled as to how the tractor had gotten onto the island, you ask around and find out that thetractor was not transported to the island by boat or by air. Nor was it built on the island. How is this possible? It was driven over in winter, when the lake was frozen.