Upcoming Events School Cleaners February 1 – Wales February – Wales Sunday, February 2 Sunday School/Bible Class 9:00 a.m. Church 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, February 4 Student Fair Due Date Grades K-2: Five questions prepared Sunday, February 9 Sing in church (TLH #400) Tuesday, February 11 Student Fair Due Date Grades 3-7: Note Cards Friday, February 14 Valentine’s Day party Monday, February 17 Presidents’ Day NO SCHOOL
Memory Work Hymn: Due Mon., Feb. 3 TLH #400 Gr. K: v. 2 Gr. 1-2: v. 3-4 Gr. 3-7: v. 4-6 Bible Passages: Due Wed., Feb. 5 K: Rom. 8:28 Gr. 1: Ps. 124:8 Gr. 2: Rom. 3:23; Rom. 3:20 Gr. 3: Matt. 19:6; Ps. 51:10 Gr. 4: Ps. 122:1; Luke 11:28 Gr. 5: Matt. 1:21; Rom. 5:10 Catechism: Due Fri., Feb. 7 Gr. K-2: First Article, part 2 Gr. 3-5: Second Article
Friday Fun The 22nd and 24th presidents of the United States of America had the same parents, but were not brothers. How can this be possible?
- Each family was given a list of students’ names to make it easier to write out Valentine’s Day cards. If you haven’t seen your family’s copy, please ask the oldest student in the house.
- The Valentine’s Day boxes that the children are making at home should not be brought to school until after Wednesday, February 12. If you have any questions about making a box, please speak with one of the teachers.
- HIP Score Alert! Students in grades 2-7 receive Habit Improvement Program or HIP points each day. When we spoke at conferences just a couple of weeks ago, the habits and HIP scores were on a positive trend. Since then, there has been a drastic downturn across the board for all students. This week alone, we dropped over 150 points as a school. We want to inform you before the results are reported at midterms and also invite you to have a conversation with your students in an effort to reverse this alarming trend. The teachers thank you for your efforts.
- Remaining singing dates:
- February 9
- March 22 (Tour Choir – updated)
- April 5 (Palm Sunday concert)
- April 10 (Good Friday, 7 p.m.)
- April 12 (Easter)
- May 10
- May 24 (Graduation Sunday)
Last Week’s Friday Fun All the electricity was out in town and none of the street lights or traffic signals had power. Adark limousine was cruising down the newly paved blacktop, with its headlights off. A young boy dressed totally in black (with no reflectors) stepped out to cross the street. The moon wasn’t out and the boy had no flashlight, yet the driver stopped to let the boy cross the street. How did the driver see the boy? Answer: It was day