Upcoming EventsSchool Cleaners February 1 – Wales February – Wales Sunday, February 2 Sunday School/Bible Class 9:00 a.m. Church 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, February 4 Student Fair Due Date Grades K-2: Five questions prepared Sunday, February 9 Sing in church (TLH #400) Tuesday, February 11 Student Fair Due Date Grades 3-7: Note Cards Friday, February 14 Valentine’s Day party Monday, February 17 Presidents’ Day NO SCHOOL
Memory WorkHymn: Due Mon., Feb. 3 TLH #400 Gr. K: v. 2 Gr. 1-2: v. 3-4 Gr. 3-7: v. 4-6 Bible Passages: Due Wed., Feb. 5 K: Rom. 8:28 Gr. 1: Ps. 124:8 Gr. 2: Rom. 3:23; Rom. 3:20 Gr. 3: Matt. 19:6; Ps. 51:10 Gr. 4: Ps. 122:1; Luke 11:28 Gr. 5: Matt. 1:21; Rom. 5:10 Catechism: Due Fri., Feb. 7 Gr. K-2: First Article, part 2 Gr. 3-5: Second Article
Friday FunThe 22nd and 24th presidents of the United States of America had the same parents, but were not brothers. How can this be possible?
- Each family was given a list of students’ names to make it easier to write out Valentine’s Day cards. If you haven’t seen your family’s copy, please ask the oldest student in the house.
- The Valentine’s Day boxes that the children are making at home should not be brought to school until after Wednesday, February 12. If you have any questions about making a box, please speak with one of the teachers.
- HIP Score Alert! Students in grades 2-7 receive Habit Improvement Program or HIP points each day. When we spoke at conferences just a couple of weeks ago, the habits and HIP scores were on a positive trend. Since then, there has been a drastic downturn across the board for all students. This week alone, we dropped over 150 points as a school. We want to inform you before the results are reported at midterms and also invite you to have a conversation with your students in an effort to reverse this alarming trend. The teachers thank you for your efforts.
- Remaining singing dates:
- February 9
- March 22 (Tour Choir – updated)
- April 5 (Palm Sunday concert)
- April 10 (Good Friday, 7 p.m.)
- April 12 (Easter)
- May 10
- May 24 (Graduation Sunday)