October 5 – Bomber
October 12 – Doucette
Sunday, October 6
Sunday School/Bible Class 9:00 a.m.
Church 10:00 a.m.
October 14 – 18
Monday: Parent/teacher conferences
Tuesday: Teacher prep day
Wednesday – Friday: CLC Teachers’
NO SCHOOL ALL WEEK
Wednesday, October 16
Sing in church, 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 10
Sing in church
Wednesday, November 27
Noon dismissal for Thanksgiving break
Hymn: Due Mon., Oct. 7
Sing a New Song to the Lord
K-2: v. 1-2
Drawn to the Cross
Gr. 3-4: v. 1-2
Gr. 5-7: all
Bible Passages: Due Wed., Oct. 9
K: 1 Tim 2:4
Gr. 1: Ps. 24:1
Gr. 2: Matt. 7:15; 1 Thess. 5:17
Gr. 3: Matt. 4:10; Matt. 6:24
Gr. 4: Prov. 8:13; Matt. 22:37
Gr. 5: Gal. 3:26; Ps. 139:14
Catechism: Due Fri., Oct. 11
Come up and we go, Go down and we stay. What am I?
- Today is the end of the first grading period. Report cards will be sent home on Monday. Parent/Teacher conferences will be held on Monday, October 14. We try to keep these scheduled between 8:30 and 2:00. We usually plan on 15 minutes/child. Please let Mrs. Hein know what time you would like to schedule your conference. If you only have a kindergarten student at Grace, you may schedule with Mrs. Nelson.
- Please remember to send the necessary eating utensils with your child for lunch. We do have a box of spoons available if someone forgets their spoon, but we do not provide forks, cups, or plates.
- It is often chilly outside now at recess time so all children should make sure that they have coats of some kind. If it’s too cold and they do not have the appropriate attire, we usually have them stay inside for recess.
- If you have not turned in your picture order form, please do so as soon as possible. Mrs. Hein will figure in the tax and let you know how much you owe, so it’s not necessary to send payment right away.
- We are singing on Wednesday, October 16 at 7:00 p.m. for the CLC Teachers’ Conference. Please let Mrs. Hein know if you will not be here.
Last Week’s Friday Fun
What word has kst in the middle, in the beginning, and at the end? Answer: inkstand