May 11 – Wales
May 18 – Whelan
Sunday, May 12
Sunday School/Bible Class 9:00 a.m.
Church 10:00 a.m.
Friday, May 17
Sunday, May 19
Sing in church
Wednesday, May 22
Spring Play, 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 23
Last day of school
Sunday, May 26
Sing in church
Thursday, June 6
Spring Lake Park parade
Hymn: Due Mon., May 13
TLH #370: My Hope is Built
Supp. #783: Jesus Shepherd of the Sheep
2: v. 1-2
3-8: v. 1-3
Bible Passages: Due Wed., May 15
K: 1 John 1:7
Gr. 1: Luke 23:34; Ps. 121:2
Gr. 2: Matt. 7:7; Gal. 3:26; Matt. 5:13
Gr. 3: John 18:36; 1 Cor. 12:3; 1 Pet. 5:7
Gr. 4: Matt. 22:39; James 2:10; Ps. 51:10; Rom. 3:28
Gr. 5: 1 Cor. 10:31; 1 Pet. 1:5; Luke 2:11
Catechism: Due Fri., May 17
K-2: 5th Petition
3-5: 7th Petition
Why don’t seagulls fly over a bay?
- Please remember to turn in your enrollment applications.
- Remember that next Friday is a half day of school. Please plan to pick your children up at noon.
- The spring play is Wednesday, May 22, at 7:00p.m. The children should be at school by 6:30 to allow them to get ready. Parents are asked to bring refreshments for after the program. Please invite family, friends, and neighbors!
- May 23 will be our last day of school. At about 11:00 that day we will have our end of the year “picnic.” If parents/siblings plan on attending, please let Mrs. Hein know so that we know how many to prepare for. School will be dismissed for the summer following the picnic.
- The Spring Lake Park Tower Days parade is Thursday, June 6. It’s a fun event that allows us to get our name out into the community. We encourage all of our families to come and walk in the parade. We usually meet at 5:45 p.m. in the parking lot of Woodcrest School and together we walk down Able St. to the parade site. The parade starts at 6:30 and usually lasts a little more than an hour.
Dates to put on your calendar:
- Friday, May 17: Immanuel Class Day, NOON dismissal
- Wednesday, May 22: Grace Spring Play, 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 23: Last day of school, NOON dismissal
- Thursday, June 6: Annual Spring Lake Park parade
Singing dates for the rest of the school year:
- Sunday, May 19 (Confirmation – TLH: #370 – My Hope is Built on Nothing Less)
- Sunday, May 26 (8th grade Graduation – Go, Now in Peace)
Last Week’s Friday Fun
Why shouldn’t you write with a broken pencil? Answer: because it would be pointless