March 30 – Oman
April 6 – Onyinge
Sunday, March 31
Bible Class/Sunday School 9:00 a.m.
Church 10:00 a.m.
Wednesday, April 3
Field trip to State Capitol
Soup supper 6 p.m.
Lenten service 7 p.m.
Friday, April 5
Student Fair, 7:00 p.m.
Students should be at school 6:30 p.m.
Sunday, April 14
Palm Sunday Mini-Concert
Friday, April 19 – Monday, April 22
Friday, April 19
Good Friday – sing in church 7:00 p.m.
Hymn: Due Mon., Apr. 1
TLH #161: Hosanna, Loud Hosanna
Gr. K: v.3
TLH #159: Go to Dark Gethsemane
Gr. 1: v. 1
Gr. 2: v. 1-2
Gr. 3-5: v. 1-2
Gr. 6-8: all
Bible Passages: Due Wed., Apr. 3
K: Matt. 28:19
Gr. 1: John 3:16
Gr. 2: Matt. 17:5; Mark 16:15
Gr. 3: Ps. 51:5; Matt. 22:37; Matt. 22:39
Gr. 4: Matt. 26:41; Prov. 1:10; 1 John 1:7
Gr. 5: Matt. 18:11; John 14:19; Rom. 8:1
Catechism: Due Fri., April 5
What do you call birds that stick together?
- Wednesday is our field trip. Students should be at school at the normal time and we will be leaving for the State Capitol around 9:20 and returning before lunch. Please sign and return the permission slip that was sent home.
- Camp registration begins Sunday, March 31 at 3:00 p.m. http://youthcamp.clclutheran.net/register.html
- The student fair is next Friday, April 5. The students should be at school by 6:30. You are welcome to invite grandparents, aunts, uncles, and friends! Parents are asked to bring something for the refreshments that we will have following the fair.
- Dates to put on your calendar:
- Tuesday, April 23 – Thursday, April 25: Iowa Basics testing
- Wednesday, April 24: Book orders due o Friday, April 26: Immanuel Visitor’s Day, Eau Claire, WI (Grades 7 &8). Please register at www.ilc.edu by Friday, April 19. Pastor will be driving our students that day. Everyone else will have a regular school day that day. It is also our Kindergarten Round-up day.
- Friday, May 10: Annual Field Day, Inver Grove Heights, MN (Grades 5-8). There will be NO SCHOOL for grades K-4 that day.
- Friday, May 17: Immanuel Class Day, NOON dismissal
- Wednesday, May 22: Grace Spring Play, 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 23: Last day of school, NOON dismissal
- Singing dates for the rest of the school year:
- Sunday, April 14 (Palm Sunday mini concert – wear black bottoms and white tops)
- Friday, April 19 (Good Friday)
- Sunday, April 21 (Easter)
- Sunday, May 19 (Confirmation)
- Sunday, May 26 (8th grade Graduation)
Last Week’s Friday Fun
What do most cows like to read? Answer: a cattle-log