Upcoming Events School Cleaners January 12 – Rinne January 19 – Ude Sunday, January 13 Bible Class/Sunday School 9:00 a.m. Church 10:00 a.m. Sunday, January 20 Sing in Church Monday, January 21 Parent/Teacher Conferences NO SCHOOL Friday, February 15 Valentine’s Day party Monday, February 18 President’s Day NO SCHOOL
Memory Work Hymn: Due Mon., Jan. 14 TLH #123: Our God, Our Help in Ages Past Gr. K: v. 2 Gr. 1: v. 2 Gr. 2: v. 2-3 Gr. 3-8: v. 3-8 Bible Passages: Due Wed., Jan. 16 Gr. K: Eph. 6:1 Gr. 1: Matt. 28:19 Gr. 2: Gal. 5:13; John 3:6 Gr. 3: Luke 11:28; 1 Cor. 14:40 Gr. 4: Gal. 6:7; Matt. 7:15 Gr. 5: Gen. 8:28; Matt. 18:11 Catechism: Due Fri., Jan. 18 10th Commandment
Friday Fun What is put on a table and cut, but is never eaten?
- Report cards will be sent home on Monday. Please sign the envelope and return it to school. Please also let Mrs. Hein know what time you would like to have parent/teacher conference. If possible, we would like to try to schedule them all between 8:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- On Friday, February 15 we will be having our Valentine’s Day party. The children will exchange Valentine’s Day cards and in connection with that, each child should make a decorated Valentine receptacle of some kind (box, pail, etc.) to be brought to school the week of the party. Mrs. Hein will provide a list of all of the children’s names so that the parents know all of the names and how to spell them. There are two people on the sign-up sheet for party hosts, but if anyone else is interested in helping out, please stop in and add your name to the list.
- Singing dates for the rest of the school year:
- Sunday, January 20
- Sunday, February 10
- Sunday, March 17
- Sunday, April 14 (Palm Sunday mini concert)
- Friday, April 19 (Good Friday)
- Sunday, April 21 (Easter)
- Sunday, May 19 (Confirmation)
- Sunday, May 26 (8th grade Graduation)
Last Week’s Friday Fun I am taken from a mine and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost everybody. What am I? Answer: pencil lead