Upcoming Events School Cleaners April 7 – Ecker April 14 – LaDue Sunday, April 8 Sunday School/Bible Class, 9:00 a.m. Church 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, April 10 Everything at school for Fair Thursday, April 12 Student Fair, 7:00 p.m. Friday, April 13 NO SCHOOL April 23 – 25 Iowa Basics Testing Book orders due on 25th Friday, April 27 ILHS Visitor’s Day (7th-8th Grades) Friday, May 11 Field Day (Grades 5-8) NO SCHOOL (Grades 1-4)
Memory Work Hymn: Due Mon., April 9 TLH #200: I Know that My Redeemer Lives Gr. 1: v.1 Gr. 2: v. 1-2 Gr. 3-4: v. 1-3 Gr. 5-6: v. 1-4 Gr. 7-8: v. 1-5 Bible Passages: Due Wed., April 11 Gr. 1: 2 Tim. 2:19; Matt. 7:15 Gr. 2: Mark 16:15; 1 Cor. 6:20 Gr. 3: Ps. 51:10; Rom.3:28 Gr. 4: Job 1:21; Ps. 24:1 Gr. 5: 1 John 3:8; Rom. 7:18 Catechism: Due Thurs., April 12 4th Petition – highlighted portion
Friday Fun What does this set of three have in common? false teeth – bats – stars
- Pizza will be provided for lunch on Monday by one of our families for their son’s birthday.
- Everything for the Student Fair should be at school by Tuesday. The Fair is Thursday evening at 7:00 p.m. The children should be at school by 6:40. Parents, please bring a treat (fruit, cookies, brownies, etc.) to share.
- From the principal at Immanuel Lutheran High School: Students in grades 7 and up are invited to attend Immanuel Lutheran High School Visitors Day on Friday, April 27, 2018, starting at 8:00 am. Students will have an opportunity to experience firsthand what it would be like to attend Immanuel. The Visitors Day Committee (composed of Immanuel students) is planning a variety of engaging activities, including a campus tour, classroom experience, sports and co-curricular experience, Q & A time, team activities, band concert, and a theater performance of Ask Any Girl. There will be no egg drop or bridge contest this year. If your child is not going, they will be expected to attend school that day. Please let us know as soon as possible if they will be attending. Pastor Hein will be taking the children over to Eau Claire. If any parents are interested in going along, please also let us know that.
- Friday, May 11 will be the annual Field Day event with our schools from Inver Grove Heights, Mankato, Okabena, and Eau Claire. This is for grades 5-8 and it’s held in Inver Grove Heights. Grades 1-4 will not have school that day. In the past, Mrs. Hein has been able to transport everyone, but that will not be the case this year. So if you are willing and able to drive, please let Mrs. Hein know.
- Singing dates:
- Sunday, May 20 (Confirmation) – 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday, May 27 (Graduation) – 9:00 a.m.
Last Week’s Friday Fun What does this set of three have in common? beds– magazines– spies Answer: covers.