March 24 – K. Baker
March 31 – Volunteer?
Sunday, March 25
Bible Class 9:00 a.m.
Church 10:00 a.m.
(Be at church by 9:35)
Tuesday, March 27
Poster due for grades 2-8
(1st grade due April 3)
Friday, March 30 – April 2
(School resumes April 3)
Thursday, April 12
Student Fair, 7:00 p.m.
Friday, April 13
Hymn: Due Thurs., March 28 (Please note date)
TLH #194: Abide With Us, the Day is Waning
Gr. 1-8: v.3
Bible Passages: Due Wed., March 27
Gr. 1: 1 Cor. 12:3
Gr. 2: John 21:17; Is. 7:14
Gr. 3: Rom. 7:18; Ps. 51:5
Gr. 4: Ps. 51:10; Matt. 26:14
Gr. 5: 2 Cor. 5:21; Matt. 18:11
Catechism: Due to the extra Easter
memory work, 1st-5th grade is taking a break from Catechism memory work until after Easter
What does this set of three have in common? a bird – an ice cream bar – a brand of soap
- IMPORTANT: Our Palm Sunday mini-concert is this Sunday. The children should be at church by 9:35 so that we can warm up. They are asked to wear black bottoms and white tops. Mrs. Hein will likely send a text or email on Saturday evening to remind everyone. Please also pay particular attention to the upcoming Holy Week/Easter singing dates and times. It’s important that we have as many of the students here for these as possible.
- Mid-term updates were sent home today. Please initial the half-sheets and send them back with the green folder on Monday. The enrollment applications were also sent home for the 2018-2019 school year. If you plan on sending your children to Grace next school year, please fill those out as soon as possible so that we can begin planning. If you do not intend to send your children next year, please let Mrs. Hein know that as well.
- The next student fair due date is Tuesday, March 27. The 2nd – 8th graders should have their posters done and at school. Please double check the folder that was sent home to find out what is expected for the posters. The first graders may bring theirs on Tuesday if it is done, but it is not due until April 3.
- There is no school on Good Friday, March 30 or on Easter Monday, April 2. We will resume school on Tuesday, April 3.
- Singing dates:
- Sunday, March 25 (Palm Sunday mini-concert) – 10:00 a.m.
- Friday, March 30 (Good Friday) – 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 1 (Easter) – 9:00 a.m.
- Sunday, May 20 (Confirmation) – 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday, May 27 (Graduation) – 9:00 a.m.
Last Week’s Friday Fun
What does this set of three have in common?
A shipyard – a pottery shop – the circulatory systemAnswer: They all have vessels.
Whales – peas – astronauts Answer: They are often in pods.