March 17 – A. Baker
March 24 – K. Baker
Sunday, March 18
Bible Class 9:00 a.m.
Church 10:00 a.m.
Wednesday, March 21
Lenten Soup Supper, 6:00 p.m.
Church 7:00 p.m.
Friday, March 23
Final Draft Due (Lang. 3-Grammar I)
5 Questions answered (1st grade)
Friday, March 30 – April 2
(School resumes April 3)
Thursday, April 12
Student Fair, 7:00 p.m.
Friday, April 13
Hymn: Due Fri., March 23 (Please note date)
TLH #194: Abide With Us, the Day is Waning
Gr. 1: v.1
Gr. 2-8: v. 1-2
Bible Passages: Due Wed., March 21
Gr. 1: John 14:19: John 3:16
Gr. 2: Matt. 18:11; Luke 2:11
Gr. 3: Gal. 5:13; John 3:6
Gr. 4: Matt. 19:6; Gen. 2:8
Gr. 5: 1 John 1:7; John 1:29
Due to the extra Easter memory work, 1st-5th grade is taking a break from Catechism memory work until after Easter
What does this set of three have in common? whales – peas – astronauts
- The next student fair due date is Friday, March 23 when the final draft of the paper is due. The first graders should make sure that they have their 5 questions answered by then. The students will be starting to work on their posters soon. We do have some poster board available if you would like to have one of them.
- Our Palm Sunday mini-concert will be on Sunday, March 25. The children should be at church by 9:40 so that we can warm up. They are asked to wear black bottoms and white tops. Please also pay particular attention to the Holy Week singing dates. It’s important that all of the students be here for these.
- There is no school on Good Friday, March 30 or on Easter Monday, April 2. We will resume school on Tuesday, April 3.
- Singing dates:
- Sunday, March 25 (Palm Sunday mini-concert) – 10:00 a.m.
- Friday, March 30 (Good Friday) – 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 1 (Easter) – 9:00 a.m.
- Sunday, May 20 (Confirmation) – 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday, May 27 (Graduation) – 9:00 a.m.
Getting to Know You!
Naomi: Favorite food: brats, no buns Favorite place: home Favorite subject: history and reading Favorite thing to do on a Saturday morning: get ready for the day Something I never want to do: marry the wrong guy
Last Week’s Friday Fun
What does this set of three have in common? A shipyard – a pottery shop – the circulatory system spider – tomato – power Answer: They all have vessels. Answer: They are all plants.