Upcoming Events School Cleaners March 17 – A. Baker March 24 – K. Baker Sunday, March 18 Bible Class 9:00 a.m. Church 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, March 21 Lenten Soup Supper, 6:00 p.m. Church 7:00 p.m. Friday, March 23 Final Draft Due (Lang. 3-Grammar I) 5 Questions answered (1st grade) Friday, March 30 – April 2 Easter break NO SCHOOL (School resumes April 3) Thursday, April 12 Student Fair, 7:00 p.m. Friday, April 13 NO SCHOOL
Memory Work Hymn: Due Fri., March 23 (Please note date) TLH #194: Abide With Us, the Day is Waning Gr. 1: v.1 Gr. 2-8: v. 1-2 Bible Passages: Due Wed., March 21 Gr. 1: John 14:19: John 3:16 Gr. 2: Matt. 18:11; Luke 2:11 Gr. 3: Gal. 5:13; John 3:6 Gr. 4: Matt. 19:6; Gen. 2:8 Gr. 5: 1 John 1:7; John 1:29 Catechism: Due to the extra Easter memory work, 1st-5th grade is taking a break from Catechism memory work until after Easter
Friday Fun What does this set of three have in common? whales – peas – astronauts
- The next student fair due date is Friday, March 23 when the final draft of the paper is due. The first graders should make sure that they have their 5 questions answered by then. The students will be starting to work on their posters soon. We do have some poster board available if you would like to have one of them.
- Our Palm Sunday mini-concert will be on Sunday, March 25. The children should be at church by 9:40 so that we can warm up. They are asked to wear black bottoms and white tops. Please also pay particular attention to the Holy Week singing dates. It’s important that all of the students be here for these.
- There is no school on Good Friday, March 30 or on Easter Monday, April 2. We will resume school on Tuesday, April 3.
- Singing dates:
- Sunday, March 25 (Palm Sunday mini-concert) – 10:00 a.m.
- Friday, March 30 (Good Friday) – 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 1 (Easter) – 9:00 a.m.
- Sunday, May 20 (Confirmation) – 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday, May 27 (Graduation) – 9:00 a.m.
Getting to Know You! Naomi: Favorite food: brats, no buns Favorite place: home Favorite subject: history and reading Favorite thing to do on a Saturday morning: get ready for the day Something I never want to do: marry the wrong guy
Last Week’s Friday Fun What does this set of three have in common? A shipyard – a pottery shop – the circulatory system spider – tomato – power Answer: They all have vessels. Answer: They are all plants.