Upcoming Events School Cleaners February 24 – Wales March 3 – Wales Sunday, February 25 Bible Class 9:00 a.m. Church 10:00 a.m. Sunday School sings Tuesday, February 27 Student Fair Language 2-3: Note cards Language A, B, Grammar I: outline Wednesday, February 28 Lenten Soup Supper, 6:00 p.m. Church 7:00 p.m. March 9 – March 14 NO SCHOOL (CLC basketball tournament, Eau Claire/Spring Break) Thursday, March 15 School Resumes
Memory Work Hymn: Due Mon., Feb. 26 “Blessing” Gr. 1: v.3 Gr. 2-8: v. 3-4 Bible Passages: Due Wed., Feb. 28 Gr. 1: Mark 16:15 Gr. 2: Ps. 106:1; Rom. 5:12 Gr. 3: 2 Cor. 9:7; John 8:44 Gr. 4: Ps. 31:15; Rom 12:20 Gr. 5: John 10:27-28; Eph. 1:7 Catechism: Due Fri., March 2 1st Petition (Highlighted portion)
Friday Fun What does this set of three have in common? a shipyard – a pottery shop – the circulatory system
- Last call for Box Tops for Education. If you have some, please bring them to school by Monday. Your contribution to this effort is greatly appreciated!
- Report cards will be sent home on Monday. Please sign and return the envelope.
- There will be a group of people meeting at 9 am on Sat., Feb 24, to assemble beaded cross necklaces that Missionary Todd Ohlmann will be taking to Africa on the Mission Helper trip in July. All (including children) are invited to come for fellowship and fun in this mission effort!
- From Pastor Hein: This past Sunday, the Voters at Grace extended a divine call for a second full-time teacher beginning next fall. The call is for the lower grades, including kindergarten and it was extended to Mrs. Heidi Nelson. Please pray that the Lord would lead Mrs. Nelson in her deliberations. Considering a call is always a challenging time for the individual and the family. Mrs. Nelson will be weighing her God-given gifts with the needs of the Lord’s call, as well as considering how this would work with her family’s current situation. May the Lord in His grace give her confidence through His promises that He will lead her to do His will. Please also pray for the school in general, that the Lord who has given us the opportunity to minister to these young lambs in His kingdom would also give us the ability to support this.
- In connection with the CLC Grade School Basketball tournament in Eau Claire, we always do a spirit week. This year it will be March 5-8. Stay tuned for the announcement on what the theme for each day will be.
- March 8 will be Mrs. Winters’ last day here at Grace. Beginning next week, Mrs. Hein will start teaching some classes again. The time has flown by and we are grateful that Grace was given the opportunity to contribute to Mrs. Winters’ education.
- Singing dates:
- Sunday, February 25 (Sunday School) – 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday, March 25 (Palm Sunday mini-concert) – 10:00 a.m.
- Friday, March 30 (Good Friday) – 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 1 (Easter) – 9:00 a.m.
- Sunday, May 20 (Confirmation) – 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday, May 27 (Graduation) – 9:00 a.m.
- More Olympic country facts (as discovered by our students):
- Belarus: The 2018 Olympics is this country’s 9th appearance in the Olympics.
- France: The Eiffel Tower is in France.
- Switzerland: If you own a dog in Switzerland, you have to pay a dog tax.
- Canada: More than 60% of the world’s lakes are in Canada.
- Ukraine: The capital of Ukraine is Kiev.
- Great Britain: It has a land area of 93,000 square miles.
- Denmark: It is cold in the winter.
- Korea: Korea’s government is a republic.
Last Week’s Friday Fun What does this set of three have in common? website – cuff – chain Answer: They all have links.