Upcoming Events School Cleaners January 13 – Oman January 20 – Oman Sunday, January 14 Bible Class 9:00 a.m. Church 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, January 16 Field Trip to the Minnesota History Center Sunday, January 21 Sing in church Monday, January 22 Parent/Teacher conferences NO SCHOOL Wednesday, February 14 Valentine’s Day party Monday, February 19 President’s Day NO SCHOOL
Memory Work Hymn: Due Mon., Jan. 15 Bright and Glorious is the Sky (Supplement #717) Gr. 1: v.4 Gr. 2-8: v. 3-4 Bible Passages: Due Wed., Jan. 17 Gr. 1: Matt. 28:19 Gr. 2: Gal. 5:13; John 3:6 Gr. 3: Matt. 28:19; Eph. 6:1 Gr. 4: Ps. 50:15; 1 Thess. 5:17 Gr. 5: Luke 2:11; John 21:17 Catechism: Due Fri., Jan. 19 10th commandment
Friday Fun What does this set of three have in common? Ford Motor Company – Nebraska – US $5 bill
- We have a field trip scheduled to the Minnesota History Center on Tuesday, January 16. We will be leaving around 9:00. We will be eating lunch at the History Center so please send your children’s lunches in a disposable sack with all disposable containers so that we don’t have to keep track of them after lunch. We will be having a movie party after we return to school so we will dismiss at the normal time of 3:15.
- Please sign and return the report card envelopes on Monday.
- On February 14 we will be having our Valentine’s Day party. Each child should make a Valentine box at home to be brought to school for the other students to deposit their Valentine cards in. There is not a theme to the boxes. These can be brought to school beginning February 12.
- Singing dates for the rest of the school year are as follows. Please put these dates on your calendars. The Lent/Easter season is particularly busy. It is especially critical that we have all of the children present for the Palm Sunday mini-concert.
- Sunday, January 21 – 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday, February 11 – 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday, February 25 (Sunday School) – 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday, March 25 (Palm Sunday mini-concert) – 10:00 a.m.
- Friday, March 30 (Good Friday) – 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 1 (Easter) – 9:00 a.m.
- Sunday, May 20 (Confirmation) – 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday, May 27 (Graduation) – 9:00 a.m.
Getting to Know You! Student Teacher, Mrs. Winters: Favorite food: salmon Favorite TV show: The Great British Bake Off Favorite drink: coffee Number of siblings: Four sisters A trip I’ve taken: Mission Helper Trip to Nepal Favorite thing to do on a Saturday morning: play board games
Last Week’s Friday Fun What does this set of three have in common? head – tail – cross Answer: They are all wind directions/types