December 2 – LaDue
December 9 — Middleton
Sunday, December 3
Sunday School/Bible Class 9:00 a.m.
Church 10:00 a.m.
Luncheon 11:00 a.m.
Christmas Eve Rehearsal noon – 2:00
Wednesday, December 6
Advent service, 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, December 14
Sing at Northtown Mall, 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, December 20
Candlelight service, 7:00 p.m.
Friday, December 22
School Christmas Party/Gift exchange
Christmas break begins
Sunday, December 24
Christmas Eve Service
Hymn: Due Mon., Dec. 4
Go Tell It on the Mountain
Gr. 1-8: All
Bible Passages Due: Wed., Dec. 6
“Children” part, page 12 of Christmas
booklet (John 3:16-17)
Catechism Due: Fri., Dec. 8
Redo individual parts
What does this set of three have in common? florist – furniture store – obstetrician
- December is a very busy month with a lot of memorization and singing involved. Please pay special attention to the following dates and times and get them on your calendars. We would like to encourage all of our students to participate in all of the upcoming events.
- The children will be singing their annual concert at Northtown Mall on Thursday, December 14 at 2:00 p.m. We will need volunteers to come to school by 1:25 to help transport the students to the mall. If you are able to help out, please let Mrs. Hein know. The concert will last just over 30 minutes. The children should wear black bottoms (pants or skirt) and a white shirt. They will be free to go home afterwards. Please try to plan on coming for this event and invite grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. It’s always fun to see and hear the children sing!
- We will be singing in church for the mid-week Candlelight service on December 20. There is a Christmas meal at 6:00 to which is everyone is invited and the service begins at 7:00.
- The Christmas Eve service on the 24th begins at 6:00 p.m. but the children are asked to be at church by 5:30. In preparation for this service, we will be having rehearsals after church from noon until approximately 2:00 p.m. on December 3, 10, and 17. There will possibly also be a practice the morning of the 24th during the Sunday School hour, depending on how things are going. Please make every effort to have your children present for these rehearsals.
- If you have yet to pay for school pictures, please do so as soon as possible. If you have forgotten what you owe, speak to Mrs. Hein.
- Several families still need to pay their school fees for the 2017-2018 school year. Also, those of you who pay tuition, just a reminder to please be making your payments.
Getting to Know You!
Aki: Favorite place: America Favorite sport: football Favorite subject: math One time I: did a front flip A trip I’ve taken: from Ethiopia to America
Last Week’s Friday Fun
What does this set of three have in common? fortune – bank – story Answer: They all have tellers.