Upcoming Events School Cleaners November 18 – LaDue December 2 – LaDue Sunday, November 19 Sunday School/Bible Class 9:00 a.m. Church 10:00 a.m. Sing in church Wednesday, November 22 End of grading period 2 Noon dismissal Thursday, November 23 – Friday November 24 Thanksgiving break NO SCHOOL Monday, November 27 School resumes Thursday, December 14 Sing at Northtown Mall, 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 20 Candlelight service, 7:00 p.m. Children sing
Memory Work Hymn: Due Mon., Nov. 20 A Child of Hope Gr. 1: v. 1 Gr. 2-4: v. 1-2 Gr. 5-8: all Bible Passages Due: Wed., Nov. 22 Gr. 1: Matt. 22:39 Gr. 2: Ps. 24:1; 2 Cor. 9:7 Gr. 3: Ps. 103:1-2; Ps. 122:1 Gr. 4: Ps. 119:32; Rom. 10:13 Gr. 5: Rom. 5:12; John 3:16 Catechism None, due to Thanksgiving
Friday Fun What does this set of three have in common? fortune – bank – story
- We are singing in church this Sunday. There is Sunday School at 9:00, but if the children are not here for that, they should be at church by 9:45 so we can go through the hymn once before the service begins.
- Book orders are due Tuesday, November 21.
- On Wednesday, November 22, we will dismiss at noon for Thanksgiving. Before we dismiss, the children will be drawing names for the Christmas gift exchange. The gifts should be between $5 and $7.00 and they should not be brought to school until the week of December 18.
- The end of the second grading period is on Wednesday, November 22. Report cards will be sent home that day. Please sign and return the envelope the next school day.
- We will be singing in church for the mid-week Candlelight service on December 20. There is a Christmas meal at 6:00 to which is everyone is invited and the service begins at 7:00. The Christmas Eve service on the 24th begins at 6:00 p.m. but the children are asked to be at church by 5:30.
Getting to Know You! Bella: Favorite place: Grandma’s Favorite TV show: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles One time I: saw a monarch butterfly A trip I’ve taken: 9 day car trip to the balloon festival Something I never want to do is: jump off a diving board
Last Week’s Friday Fun What does this set of three have in common? fishing pole – broken leg – Broadway play Answer: They are all cast.