Upcoming Events School Cleaners May 6 – Oman May 13 – Pearson Sunday, May 7 Bible Class/Sunday School 9:00 a.m. Church 10:00 a.m. Friday, May 12 Field Day (grades 5-8) NO SCHOOL (grades K-4) Sunday, May 14 Sing with Sunday School Friday, May 19 Noon dismissal Sunday, May 21 Confirmation (Kathleen) Sing in church Wednesday, May 24 Spring Play, 7:00 p.m. Thursday, May 25 Last day of school Picnic 11:15
Memory Work Hymn: (Due Mon., May 8) TLH #464: Blest Be the Tie that Binds Gr. 1-2: v. 1-2 Gr. 4-8: v. 4-6 Bible Passages: (Due Wed., May10) Gr.1: Mark 16:16 Gr.2: Matt. 7:15; 2 Cor. 6:14 Gr 4: 1 Tim. 6:6-8; Gen. 8:21; John 3:6 Gr.5: Rom. 14:17; John 17:17; 1 Cor. 10:21 Catechism: (Due Thurs., May 11) The 7th Petition ___________________________________ Kindergarten – Hymn: (Due Mon., May 8) Blest Be the Tie that Binds Bible Passages: (Due Thurs., May 11) John 3:16 Catechism: (Due Thurs., May 11) 7th Petition
I’m rolled but I’m not a ball I have several faces but I’m not a group of people I’m covered in spots but I don’t have acne I’m sometimes blown on but I’m not hot What am I?
Answer to last week’s Friday Fun: I have arms but I don’t have any hands; I have a bridge but I don’t go over water; I have rims but I’m not a car; I have lenses but I’ not a camera. What am I? Answer: Glasses
- Kindergarten days next week are the normal Monday and Thursday.
- There are still a couple of families that have not returned their enrollment applications for next school year. If you are intending to do so, please do that soon. If you’ve misplaced your form, please see Mrs. Hein for another one. Thanks!
- From our Campbell’s Soup label coordinator (same message as last week): Since participation in this program has declined in the past few years (not on our part), Campbell’s has come to the very difficult decision to discontinue this program. Grace School has benefited from participating in this program for over twenty years obtaining educational and playground items at no cost to the school. Recently the school has opted to redeem UPCs for prepaid Visa cards for purchasing items not offered in the Campbell’s catalog. One last final submission of UPCs will be made the first week in June. Therefore, please bring all labels and deposit them in the container in the Fellowship Hall by the end of May. Many thanks for supporting Grace School by submitting labels. Your help is appreciated.
- Parents of 5th – 8th graders, please sign and return the Field Day permission slip that was sent home. A reminder that those students should be at school by 10:00 a.m. on Friday, May 12th. You will get a text when we are on our way back so you can be at school to pick up your child/children at the appropriate time. When you get the text, please respond so that we know that you did in fact get the message.
- If you plan on coming for the last day “picnic” lunch, please inform Mrs. Hein so that we can plan lunch for the right number of people. Also, if you are willing to help
Upcoming Singing Dates:
- Sunday, May 21 – Confirmation (10:00 a.m.)
- Sunday, May 28 – Graduation Sunday (9:00 a.m.)