April 29 – Nelson
May 6 – Oman
Sunday, April 30
Bible Class/Sunday School 9:00 a.m.
Church 10:00 a.m.
Friday, May 12
Field Day (grades 5-8)
NO SCHOOL (grades K-4)
Friday, May 19
Sunday, May 21
Sing in church
Wednesday, May 24
Spring Play, 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 25
Last day of school
Hymn: (Due Mon., May 1)
TLH #54: Guide Me, O Thou Great
Gr. 1-2: v. 3
Gr. 4-8: TLH #464: Blest Be the Tie that
Binds v. 1-3
Bible Passages: (Due Wed., May 3)
Gr.1: Matt. 28:19
Gr.2: Rom. 12:5; 2 Tim 2:19
Gr 4: Matt. 18:15; Gal. 5:13
Gr.5: Eph. 2:8-9; John 17:3; 1 Cor. 12:3
Catechism: (Due Fri., May 5)
The 6th Petition
Hymn: (Due Mon., May 1)
Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah
Bible Passages: (Due Thurs., May 4)
1 John 1:7
Catechism: (Due Thurs., May 4)
I have arms but I don’t have any hands; I have a bridge but I don’t go over water; I have rims but I’m not a car; I have lenses but I’m not a camera. What am I?
Answer to last week’s Friday Fun: I have fangs and enjoy piercing holes with a single bite. What am I? Answer: A stapler
- Kindergarten days will be back to normal next week, Monday and Thursday.
- This past week there were a few days when children could not go outside for recess because they did not have the appropriate outdoor clothing. Please remember that we go by the “feels like” temperature. So today at first recess when the air temperature was 43° and the feels like temperature was 36°, that required a heavy coat as well as hats and mittens. The children can bring a coat and leave it in their lockers if they don’t need it, but that way it is here if needed.
- From our Campbell’s Soup label coordinator: Since participation in this program has declined in the past few years (not on our part), Campbell’s has come to the very difficult decision to discontinue this program. Grace School has benefited from participating in this program for over twenty years obtaining educational and playground items at no cost to the school. Recently the school has opted to redeem UPCs for prepaid Visa cards for purchasing items not offered in the Campbell’s catalog. One last final submission of UPCs will be made the first week in June. Therefore, please bring all labels and deposit them in the container in the Fellowship Hall by the end of May. Many thanks for supporting Grace School by submitting labels. Your help is appreciated.
- If anyone has any money to turn in for Jump rope for Heart, we are wrapping that up and would appreciate it if you can send the envelope to school by next Friday. Thanks to those who participated!
- On May 12 the 5th-8th graders will be going to Field Day which is sponsored by our school in Inver Grove Heights. Schools that attend are St. John’s from Okabena, Immanuel of Mankato, Messiah of Eau Claire, Berea of Inver Grove Heights, and Grace. Events will start at 11:00 a.m. so we will likely leave around 10:00. It usually ends around 3:00 or so, so we won’t get back until around 3:45 or 4:00 depending on traffic. Mrs. Hein will be driving the students. If anyone is interested in going along, please speak with Mrs. Hein. K-4 will not have school that day.
Upcoming Singing Dates:
- Sunday, May 21 – Confirmation (10:00 a.m.)
- Sunday, May 28 – Graduation Sunday (9:00 a.m.)