April 15 – LaDue
April 22 — Middleton
Sunday, April 16
Easter breakfast, 7:30 a.m.
Easter service 9:00 a.m.
Sing in church
Tuesday, April 18
April 24 – 28
Friday, April 28
Visitor’s Day at ILC (7th-8th grades)
Friday, May 12
Field Day (grades 5-8)
NO SCHOOL (grades K-4)
Friday, May 19
Hymn: (No recitation next week)
Bible Passages: (Due Wed., April 19)
Gr.1: Luke 23:34
Gr.2: John 14:19; Is. 53:6
Gr 4: 2 Cor. 9:7; John 8:44
Gr.5: Acts 16:31; John 3:16
Catechism: (Due Fri., April 21)
The 4th Petition
Hymn: (Due Wed., April 19)
The Day of Resurrection
Bible Passages: (Due Thurs., April 20)
Catechism: (Due Thurs., April 20)
With three eyes and black as night, I frequently knock down ten men with a single strike. What am I?
Answer to last week’s Friday Fun: I have a neck and no head, two arms but no hands. I’m with you to school, I’m with you to work. What am I? Answer: A shirt
- Kindergarten days next week will be Wednesday and Thursday.
- Report cards were sent home today. Please sign and return the envelope. You may keep the report card. Also included in the envelope were applications for enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year. If you intend to send your child/children to Grace next year, please fill out the enrollment form and return. If you do not plan on sending them next year, please return the empty enrollment form.
- Scholastic book orders are due today. If you still intend to place an order, please do so by this evening.
- Friday evening the children will be participating in the Good Friday service which begins at 7:00 p.m. There are no requirements for dress, just nice church clothes. Please have your children at church by 6:40.
- The children are also singing and reciting on Easter morning. The Easter breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m. and the service begins at 9:00. If you are not here for the breakfast, please make sure that your children are at church by 8:30 so we can run through a few things. Again, just nice church clothes should be worn.
- Please make sure that your children are prepared for the weather. We go by the “feels like” temperature and if that is below 50° they still need a heavy coat. Please refer to the thermometer that was handed out at the beginning of the school year. We do not have extra coats to loan to those who don’t have a coat. This can often lead to missing recess if the child does not have appropriate outside clothing.
Upcoming Singing Dates:
- Friday, April 14 – Good Friday (sing and recite, 7:00 p.m.)
- Sunday, April 16 – Easter (sing and recite, 9:00 a.m.)
- Sunday, May 21 – Confirmation (10:00 a.m.)
- Sunday, May 28 – Graduation Sunday (9:00 a.m.)
Other dates to get on your calendar:
- Wednesday, May 24 – Spring play, 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 25 – Last day of school, half day