April 1 – Holmberg
April 8 — Kanneh
Children practice with choir, 8:40 a.m.
Sunday School/Bible Class 9:00 a.m.
Church 10:00 a.m.
Tuesday, April 4
Student Fair Due Date
Everything at school ready for rehearsal
Wednesday, April 5
Church, 7:00 p.m.
Friday, April 7
Student Fair, 7:00 p.m.
Students be here by 6:30 p.m.
Sunday, April 9
Children practice with choir 8:40 a.m.
Thursday, April 13
End of grading period 5
Hymn: (Due Mon., April 3)
TLH 170: O Perfect Life of Love
Gr. 1-2: v.1, 4, 7
Gr. 4-6: v. 1, 4, 5, 7
Gr. 7-8: v. 1, 4, 5, 6, 7
Bible Passages: (Due Wed., April 5)
Gr.1: John 18:36
Gr.2: 1 Cor. 6:20; Eph. 1:7
Gr 4: Job 1:21; Ps. 24:1
Gr.5: 1 John 3:8; Rom. 7:18
Catechism: (Due Fri., April 7)
The 2nd Petition
Hymn: (Due Mon., April 3)
O Perfect Life of Love
Bible Passages: (Due Thurs., April 6)
Catechism: (Due Thurs., April 6)
I am a seed with three letters in my name. Take away the last two and I still sound the same. What am I?
Answer to last week’s Friday Fun: I am gentle enough to sooth your skin, light enough to fly in the sky, strong enough to crack rocks. What am I? Answer: Water
- Kindergarten days next week will be Monday, Thursday, and Friday.
- The Student Fair is next Friday at 7:00 p.m. All students should have all of their things at school by Tuesday. This includes any items they will have at their table.
- The mini-concert is on Palm Sunday, April 9. The children will be practicing with the choir again that morning at 8:40. They should wear black pants or skirt and white shirts.
- All students will be participating in the American Heart Association’s Jump Rope for heart in April. Mrs. Radichel will be taking a jump rope unit in her PE class and the older children will be joining in periodically as guides and to have their own rope jumping experience. We will be learning both individual rope jumping skills as well as large rope jumping. Our focus will be on exercise for better heart health. All students will receive a jump rope of their own to use and practice at home. This rope is theirs to keep. Part of this activity does involve fundraising for the American Heart Association. Although this is optional, students who do raise funds will be receiving recognition and little prizes for amounts as small as $5. Please consider connecting this with a jump rope challenge such as beating one’s best jump record or asking friends and family to donate a certain amount per jump. An information packet will be sent home in the next week. We currently do not have a website login, but we are in the process of setting one up.
Upcoming Singing Dates:
- Sunday, April 9 – Palm Sunday Mini-concert (10:00 a.m.)
- Friday, April 14 – Good Friday (sing and recite, 7:00 p.m.)
- Sunday, April 16 – Easter (sing and recite, 9:00 a.m.)
- Sunday, May 21 – Confirmation (10:00 a.m.)
- Sunday, May 28 – Graduation Sunday (9:00 a.m.)
Other dates to get on your calendar:
- April 24-27 – Iowa Basics tests
- Friday, April 28 – Immanuel Visitor’s Day, grades 7-8
- Friday, May 12 – Field Day, grades 5-8; NO SCHOOL, grades k-4
- Friday, May 19 – Half day
- Wednesday, May 24 – Spring play, 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 25 – Last day of school, half day