September 5 – A. Baker
September 12 – A. Baker
Sunday, September 6
Church, 9:00 a.m.
Monday, September 7
Sunday, September 13
Return to fall schedule
Sunday School/Bible Class 9:00 a.m.
Church 10:00 a.m.
Monday, September 14
Open House, 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, September 20
Sing in church
Thursday, September 24
Hymn: (Due Tues., Sept. 8)
TLH #360: Oh For a Thousand Tongues to Sing
Gr. 1: v.1
Gr. 3-4: v. 1-2
Gr. 5-8: v. 1-3
Bible Passages: (Due. Wed., Sept 9)
1: John 3:16; 1 John 4:19
3: Eph. 6:4; 2 Pet. 1:21
4. Eph. 6:4; 2 Pet. 1:21
5: John 3:16; Rom.1:16
Catechism: (Due Fri., Sept. 11)
Books of the Bible
3-4: Genesis – Song of Solomon
TLH 360:1 (Due Wed., Sept. 9)
Gen. 1:1 (Due Thurs., Sept. 10)
Books of the Bible: Gen.–Deut.
(Due Thurs., Sept.10)
Is an older one-hundred dollar bill worth more than a newer one?
(answer will be given in next week’s Grace Weekly)
- What a fabulous first week of school we had! Many students immediately got back into the routine and the rest are well on their way to getting there. At least until they get into the routine, please help your children remember to bring back all of their finished homework as well as their assignment notebook.
- There is no school on Monday due to Labor Day. Because of the holiday, the hymn recitation for grades 1 – 8 will be on Tuesday. Kindergarten next week will be on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Monday, September 14 is our annual open house at 7:00 p.m. This is an opportunity for the parents to come into the classrooms to see what is new for the year and to ask any questions that may have come up. The teachers will provide light refreshments.
If you have not paid your school fees ($50/child) yet, please remember to do so. The money from your school fees goes to buy copy paper, pencils, notebooks, Kleenex, soap, disinfectant wipes, etc.
- School pictures will be taken on Thursday, September 24. Pastor is willing to take them again this year. We will get them printed at Sam’s Club as in past years. Stay tuned for more information.
- In this year’s Friday Note we will be bringing back a feature from two years ago called For the Record. Each week we will feature a question and a student answer.
For the Record
What do you like about school?
Patrick: I like coming to school so I can see all of my friends.