Upcoming EventsSchool Cleaners May 5 – Bomber May 12 – Volunteer? Sunday, May 7 Sunday School/Bible Class 9:00 a.m. Church 10:00 a.m. Friday, May 12 Grades 5-8 Field Day Grades 1-4 NO SCHOOL Friday, May 19 NOON DISMISSAL Sunday, May 21 Confirmation Sing in church Thursday, May 25 Spring Program Friday, May 26 LAST DAY OF SCHOOL NOON DISMISSAL
Memory WorkHymnology: Due Mon., May 8 TLH #552: Abide With Me Gr. K-2: v. 8 TLH #540: With the Lord Begin Thy Task Gr. 3-8: v. 3 Bible Passages: Due Wed., May 10 Gr. K: John 3:16 Gr. 1: Matt. 28:19; Mark 16:16 Gr. 2: Matt. 7:15; 2 Cor. 6:4 Gr. 3: Rom. 12:5; Matt. 7:15 Gr. 4: Matt. 22:37; Matt. 22:39 Gr. 5: 1 Pet. 1:5; Rom 12:5 Catechism: Due Thurs., May 11 K-2: None Gr. 3-5: 5th Petition
Friday FunStrange Laws in the U.S. Illinois: Movie titles should not mislead viewers This Chicago law was put in place in 1919 during the silent movie era. It states that “A movie title shall either be full enough to describe in general terms the nature and character of the picture…or shall be accompanied by other explanatory wording, pictures or other advertising matter.” City authorities enacted this law to try and shield local audiences from films that the officials deemed immoral.
- Please return your applications for the fall.
- Field Day in Inver Grove Heights for the 5th-8th graders will be next Friday, May 12. K-4 will not have school that day. Students in grades 5-8 should be at school by 9:30 a.m. and we should be back by regular dismissal time. Mrs. Hein will let everyone know if we are running late. Please remember to send sunscreen with your children. Even if the sun is not shining, sunburn can occur!
- Friday, May 19 will be a half day of school. We will dismiss promptly at noon.
- Sunday, May 21, is Confirmation Sunday. U. Wales will be confirmed. We will be singing Hymn 552, “Abide With Me.”
- On Friday, May 26, we will be having our end of the year “picnic.” Please let Mrs. Hein know if you plan to attend. We would like to try to get a somewhat accurate count so that we can plan the food accordingly.
- Graduation Sunday is May 28. We have two graduates from 8th grade. As is our tradition, we will be singing “Go Now in Peace” with the Grace Alumni.
- Upcoming singing dates:
- o Sunday, May 21 – Confirmation, 10 a.m.
- o Sunday, May 28 – Graduation, 9 a.m.
And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Galatians 6:9