Upcoming Events School Cleaners Sept. 16 – Craven Sept. 23 – R. & V. Vandeveer Sunday, September 18 Bible Class/Sunday School 9:00 a.m. Church 10:00 a.m. Sing in
church Monday, September 26 Parent Night 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, September 28 School pictures Friday, September 30 Field trip to Wargo Nature Center Monday, October 17 Parent/Teacher Conferences NO SCHOOL October
18-21 CLC Teacher’s Conference NO SCHOOL
Memory Work Hymnology: Due Mon., Sept. 19 Seek Ye First Gr. K-2: v. 3 LSB #861: Christ Be My Leader Gr. 3: v.1 Gr. 4: v. 1-2 Gr. 5-8: all Bible Passages: Due Wed., Sept. 14 Gr. K: Rom. 6:23 Gr. 1: 1 Thes. 5:17 Gr. 2: 1 John 4:19; Prov. 8:13 Gr. 3: Rom. 3:20; John 3:16 Gr. 4: Rom. 1:16; 2 Tim. 3:15 Gr. 5: Rom. 6:23; 2 Cor. 3:6 Catechism: Due Fri., Sept. 16 Gr. K-5: New Testament books
of the Bible, highlighted portion
Friday FunCockroaches can live for a week without their heads!
- We are singing in church this Sunday. They sounded beautiful when they were practicing this week, so we hope everyone can be here! If the children are not at church for 9:00 Sunday
School, please be here by 9:40. There is also the annual church picnic following the service. You are all invited to stay for that!
- Mid-term grades were sent home for Mrs. Nelson’s classroom. Mrs. Hein’s will be sent home on Monday. Please initial them and send them back to school. These mid-terms are just an update
on how your child is doing so far this grading period. The end of the grading period is October 7 after which a report card will be sent home.
- We are now working on the New Testament books of the Bible. Wee Sing Bible songs also has songs that you can sing along with.
- A parent contact list was emailed out this week. There were a couple of mistakes and the names of the children were added, so when a new one is sent, please delete the earlier one. If you
noticed anything wrong with your information, please let Mrs. Hein know as soon as possible.
- We do have enough drivers now for the field trip. Thanks to those who volunteered! The field trip is Friday, September 30. More information will be in next week’s Friday Note.
** Give your children a variety of experiences in different subjects – mechanics, science, gardening, art – so they can learn life skills and find their talents. Teach them to love learning. **