School Cleaners October 9 – Craven October 16 – none October 23 – Doucette Next daily cleaners (10/19-23): Monday – Kerns Tuesday – Nelson Wednesday – Oman Thursday – Rinne Friday – Ude Sunday, October 11 Mission Festival Sunday School/Bible Class 9 a.m. Church 10:00 a.m. October 12 Parent/Teacher conferences for those who wish to meet October 12-16 NO SCHOOL
Hymn: None Bible Passages: Due Wed., Oct. 21 Gr. K: 1 Tim. 2:4 Gr. 1: Ps. 24:1 Gr. 2: 1 Thess. 5:17; Matt. 7:15 Gr. 3: Ps. 124:8; Matt. 4:10 Gr. 4: 1 John 4:19; Prov. 8:13 Gr. 5: Rom. 7:18; Gal. 3:26 Catechism: Due Fri., Oct. 23 4th Commandment
What kind of room has no windows or doors?
- First grading period report cards were sent home today. Please keep the report card and sign and return the envelope to school when we come back after the break. Remember that if you wish to have a conference, please speak to either Mrs. Hein or Mrs. Nelson.
- The work habits on the right side of the report cards (for grades 2-8) are based on HIP scores. (Habit Improvement Program) Each student earns HIP points for exercising good habits and loses them when making poor choices Positive habits such as completing all work on time or certain items early earn points; late work, unsigned papers, inattentiveness, poor recess attitude, disruptive actions, to name a few, lose points. These points are tracked throughout the grading period and then the student is assigned either S, N, or U based on how many times the incident occurred during the six week grading period.
- If you have any clipped box tops at home, please send those to school in the next couple of weeks. Our Box Tops for Education submission is due November 2.
- Message from Mrs. Bergstrom: Repeated efforts to reach out to DQ have paid off! We are once again in partnership with them for the 2020-2021 school year to participate in their reading incentive program and also their achievement program. There have been small changes to the program, such as Blizzards are no longer the top prize for readers, but I still have a few cards left and I believe they will honor them this spring. Regardless, we are thankful for their generosity and want to support their business if we can. One of the things they ask from us in return is a simple “Like” on their Facebook page and a positive review. If you have a moment, please visit https://www.facebook.com/DQ11645 and give their page a little attention.
- Please remember to send a spoon or fork with your child’s lunch if they need it.
Last Week’s Friday Fun
They come at night without being called and arelost in the day without begin stolen. Answer: Stars