School Cleaners January 25 – Ude February 1 – Wales Sunday, January 26 Sunday School/Bible Class 9:00 a.m. Church 10:00 a.m. Sunday, February 9 Sing in church (TLH #400) Friday, February 14 Valentine’s Day party Monday, February 17 Presidents’ Day NO SCHOOL
Hymn: Due Tues., Jan. 27 TLH #400 Gr. K: v. 1 Gr. 1-2: v. 1-2 Gr. 3-7: v. 1-3 Bible Passages: Due Wed., Jan. 29 K: Ps. 51:10 Gr. 1: Gal. 3:26 Gr. 2: Matt. 22:39; Rom. 6:23 Gr. 3: Rom. 12:20; Eph. 4:32 Gr. 4: Ps. 103:1-2; Col. 2:17 Gr. 5: Is. 7:14; John 1:29 Catechism: Due Fri., Jan. 31 First Article
All the electricity was out in town and none of the street lights or traffic signals had power. A dark limousine was cruising down the newly paved blacktop, with its headlights off. A young boy dressed totally in black (with no reflectors) stepped out to cross the street. The moon wasn’t out and the boy had no flashlight, yet the driver stopped to let the boy cross the street. How did the driver see the boy?
- We found out recently that the Immanuel Tour Choir from Eau Claire, WI will most likely be coming to Grace on Sunday, March 22. The children are usually asked to learn and sing a song with the choir. Therefore, we have changed the March singing date to that Sunday instead of March 8. This will be during the regular Sunday morning service.
- The Valentine’s Day party is on Friday, February 14. Each student is invited to make a Valentine’s Day “box” to collect the cards and candy that other students bring. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy and homemade is recommended. Students may use a box of some kind, a bucket, or anything capable of holding the cards. Mrs. Hein will send home a list of students’ names next week so that your child has them to write out their Valentine’s Day cards.
- Remaining singing dates:
- February 9
- March 22 (Tour Choir – updated)
- April 5 (Palm Sunday concert)
- April 10 (Good Friday, 7 p.m.)
- April 12 (Easter)
- May 10
- May 24 (Graduation Sunday)
Last Week’s Friday Fun
What relation would your father’s sister’s sister-in-law be to you? Answer: This person would be your mother.