May 18 – Whelan
May 25 – Volunteer?
Sunday, May 19
Sunday School/Bible Class 9:00 a.m.
Church 10:00 a.m.
Sing in church
Wednesday, May 22
Spring Play, 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 23
Last day of school
Sunday, May 26
Sing in church
Thursday, June 6
Spring Lake Park parade
Hymn: Due Mon., May 20
TLH #370: My Hope is Built
Supp. #783: Jesus Shepherd of the Sheep
2: v. 3-5
3-8: v. 4-5
Bible Passages: Due Wed., May 22
K: Luke 11:28
Gr. 1: Mark 16:16; Matt. 28:19
Gr. 2: Matt. 5:14; John 18:36; 1 Cor. 12:3
Gr. 3: Rom. 8:31; Mark 16:16; Luke 11:28
Gr. 4: Rom. 6:23; Rom. 3:23; Rom. 3:20;
Gr. 5: Rom. 12:5; 2 Tim 2:19; Mark 16:16
Catechism: Due Thurs., May 23
3-5: Doxology to the Lord’s Prayer
Have a great summer!
- We are singing this Sunday. Confirmation examination is at 9:00 and the children are encouraged to be here to support their classmate plus it is a good review for everyone. The church service starts at 10:00.
- If someone would like to volunteer to clean just the bathrooms after the last day of school, that would be appreciated!
- We do not have very many enrollment applications that have been turned in. Please remember to do that as soon as possible. If you do not plan on sending your children back to Grace next year, please let us know. In order to get a discount on textbooks, we need to place our order by early-mid June.
- The spring play is Wednesday, May 22, at 7:00p.m. The children should be at school by 6:30 to allow them to get ready. Parents are asked to bring refreshments.
- May 23 will be our last day of school. At about 11:00 that day we will have our end of the year “picnic.” We need to give the Board of Education a final headcount, so if you plan on attending, please let Mrs. Hein know by Sunday. School will be dismissed for the summer following the picnic.
- The Spring Lake Park Tower Days parade is Thursday, June 6. We encourage all of our families to come and walk in the parade. Please let Mrs. Hein know if you will be attending. We usually meet at 5:45 p.m. in the parking lot of Woodcrest School and together we walk down Able St. to the parade site. The parade starts at 6:30 and usually lasts a little more than an hour.
Last Week’s Friday Fun
Why don’t seagulls fly over a bay? Answer: because then they would be bay gulls (bagels)