April 6 – Onyinge
April 13 – Pearson
Friday, April 5
Student Fair 7:00 p.m.
Students be here by 6:30
Sunday, April 7
Bible Class/Sunday School 9:00 a.m.
Church 10:00 a.m.
Sunday, April 14
Palm Sunday Mini-Concert
Friday, April 19 – Monday, April 22
Friday, April 19
Good Friday – sing in church 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 21
Sing in church 9:00 a.m.
Tuesday, April 23
Iowa Basics Testing
Hymn: Due Mon., Apr. 8
TLH #159: Go to Dark Gethsemane
Gr. K: v.1
Gr. 1: v. 2
Gr. 2: v. 3-4
TLH #193: Christ the Lord is Risen Today
Gr. 3-5: v. 1-3
Gr. 6-8: all
Bible Passages: Due Wed., Apr. 10
K: Matt. 22:39
Gr. 1: 1 Cor. 12:3
Gr. 2: Eph. 1:7; Matt. 17:5
Gr. 3: Ps. 51:10; Rom. 3:28; Rom. 6:23
Gr. 4: Job 1:21; Ps. 24:1; Ps. 128:2
Gr. 5: 1 John 3:8; Rom. 7:18; Is. 53:6
Catechism: Due Fri., April 12
Why do bees have sticky hair?
- The student fair is tonight. The students should be at school by 6:30. Parents are asked to bring something for the refreshments that we will have following the fair.
- In a couple of weeks we will be participating in the Kids Heart Challenge here at Grace. The students will be doing some running for the event. The following comes from the American Heart Association: “It’s your child’s chance to be a Heart Hero by learning about heart health, spreading the word and raising funds to save other children. Have your child go to heart.org/kedsheartchallenge so they can take one of the three challenges and email family and friends to ask for donations. Your child will earn a glow-in-the-dark wristband just for registering online. When they get donations, they will receive Echo, Finn and a clasp.”
- Dates to put on your calendar:
- Tuesday, April 23 – Thursday, April 25: Iowa Basics testing
- Wednesday, April 24: Book orders due
- Friday, April 26: Immanuel Visitor’s Day, Eau Claire, WI (Grades 7 &8). Please register at www.ilc.edu by Friday, April 19. Pastor will be driving our students that day. Everyone else will have a regular school day that day. It is also our Kindergarten Round-up day.
- Friday, May 10: Annual Field Day, Inver Grove Heights, MN (Grades 5-8). There will be NO SCHOOL for grades K-4 that day.
- Friday, May 17: Immanuel Class Day, NOON dismissal
- Wednesday, May 22: Grace Spring Play, 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 23: Last day of school, NOON dismissal
- Singing dates for the rest of the school year:
- Sunday, April 14 (Palm Sunday mini concert – wear black bottoms and white tops)
- Friday, April 19 (Good Friday)
- Sunday, April 21 (Easter)
- Sunday, May 19 (Confirmation)
- Sunday, May 26 (8th grade Graduation)
Last Week’s Friday Fun
What do you call birds that stick together? Answer: vel-crows