Upcoming Events School Cleaners January 5 – Rinne January 12 – Rinne Sunday, January 6 Bible Class/Sunday School 9:00 a.m. Church 10:00 a.m. Friday, January 11 End of grading period 3 Sunday, January 20 Sing in Church Monday, January 21 Parent/Teacher Conferences NO SCHOOL
Memory Work Hymn: Due Mon., Jan. 7 TLH #123: Our God, Our Help in Ages Past Gr. K: v. 1 Gr. 1: v. 1 Gr. 2: v. 1 Gr. 3-8: v. 1-2 Bible Passages: Due Wed., Jan. 9 Gr. K: Is. 41:10 Gr. 1: John 3:16 Gr. 2: John 8:44, James 4:11 Gr. 3-5: Nothing until next week Catechism: Due Fri., Jan. 11 9th Commandment
Friday Fun I am taken from a mine and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost everybody. What am I?
- The end of the third grading period is Friday, January 11. After that we will be scheduling parent/teacher conferences. It is at these conferences that the Student Fair will be introduced to the parents. Please start thinking about what time might work best for your family. We generally try to not start before 8:30 a.m. and try to get done before 2:00 p.m.
- We have been saving milk caps and labels from Kwik Trip for several years now for the Milk Moola program. The rules of the program say that you can only submit when you have at least 1,000 caps and/or labels and they give $.05 per cap/label. Unfortunately, the program will be discontinued in March. Currently, we only have about 660 caps, even after saving for years. So obviously we are short of the 1,000 minimum. If you have by chance been saving them at home, please bring them to school soon so we can see how close we might come.
- Singing dates for the rest of the school year:
- Sunday, January 20
- Sunday, February 10
- Sunday, March 17
- Sunday, April 14 (Palm Sunday mini concert)
- Friday, April 19 (Good Friday)
- Sunday, April 21 (Easter)
- Sunday, May 19 (Confirmation)
- Sunday, May 26 (8th grade Graduation)
Last Week’s Friday Fun What Christmas carol is a favorite of parents? Answer: Silent Night