Upcoming Events School Cleaners November 3 – Nelson November 10 – Oman Saturday, November 3 Turn clocks back one hour Sunday, November 4 Bible Class/Sunday School, 9:00 a.m. Church, 10:00 a.m. Sunday, November 18 Sing in church Wednesday, November 21 Thanksgiving break begins at noon Monday, November 26 School resumes Sunday, December 2 Christmas Eve rehearsal, noon-2 p.m. Thursday, December 20 Northtown Concert, 2:00 p.m.
Memory Work Hymn: Due Mon., Nov. 5 TLH #567 – O Lord, Whose Bounteous Hand Again Gr. K-2: v. 2 Gr. 3-8: all Bible Passages: Due Wed., Nov. 7 K: Matt. 22:39 Gr. 1: Matt. 22:37 Gr. 2: Ps. 31:15; Eph. 4:32 Gr. 3: Matt. 7:15; Ps. 50:15 Gr. 4: Matt. 4:10; Matt. 6:24 Gr. 5: Rom. 8:28; Ps. 91:11 Catechism: Due Fri., Nov. 9 7th Commandment
Friday Fun Why are teddy bears never hungry?
- The details about this spring’s musical are still under wraps, but since this is a good time to be out looking for costumes and props in clearance aisles and thrift stores, we are asking you to keep your eyes open for medieval themed items such as: knights (two silver, one black) sorcerer’s cape, wands 3 monks robes (medium) 2 scientist’s lab coat/ goggles (medium/large) lute or other medieval themed items Let us know if you want these items returned or if we can keep them for future use.
- If you have not paid for your school pictures yet, please remember to give the money to Mrs. Hein.
- Thanks to all those who clipped Box Tops for us. We managed to earn $112.10 for this collection period. The next submission is due March 1 so we’d appreciate it if you’d keep clipping!
- Thanksgiving break will begin at noon on Wednesday, November 21. School will resume on Monday, November 26.
- For your calendar: Christmas Eve rehearsals will begin on Sunday, December 2 at noon until about 1:45 or 2:00. They will also be held on the 9th and 16th at the same time. The rehearsal on the 23 will be at 8:45 a.m. The Christmas Eve service is on December 24 at 6:00 p.m. and it usually lasts about an hour.
Last Week’s Friday Fun Why is an island like the letter T? Answer: Because it is in the middle of water.