Upcoming Events School Cleaners October 6 – Hein October 13 – Holmberg Sunday, October 7 Bible Class/Sunday School, 9:00 a.m. Church, 10:00 a.m. Sunday, October 14 Mission Festival Sing in church October 15 Parent/Teacher Conferences NO SCHOOL October 16-20 CLC Teacher’s Conference NO SCHOOL Sunday, October 21 Sunday School sings in church
Memory Work Hymn: Due Mon., Oct. 8 TLH #496: Hark, the Voice of Jesus Crying K-2: v. 3 God, Whose Almighty Word Gr. 3-4: v. 1-2 Gr. 5-6: v. 1-3 Gr. 7-8: v. 1-4 Bible Passages: Due Wed., Oct. 10 K: 1 Tim. 2:14 Gr. 1: 2 Cor. 9:7 Gr. 2: Matt. 7:15; 1 Thess. 5:17 Gr. 3: Ps. 124:8; Matt. 4:10 Gr. 4: 1 John 4:19; Prov. 8:13 Gr. 5: Rom. 7:18; Gal. 3:26 Catechism: Due Fri., Oct. 12 4th Commandment
Friday Fun Bobby throws a ball as hard as he can and it comes back to him, even though nothing and nobody touches it. How is this possible?
- Report cards will be sent home on Monday. We will be having parent/teacher conferences on Monday, October 15. If you have not yet scheduled your conference, please do so. You can schedule any time between 8:00 and 3:00 that day, although if possible, we are trying to get them all in by 2:00. You should plan on 15 minutes/child. Please let Mrs. Hein know in person, by text, or by email what time you would like.
- Please make sure that your children have coats at school. If the temperature is cold enough and they do not have a coat, they will not be able to go outside for recess.
- Our field trip to see Charlotte’s Web will be next Wednesday, October 10. After the play is over, we will return to school to eat lunch and have afternoon classes as normal. If your child rides in a booster seat, please plan on leaving that at school that morning.
- We will be singing in church for Mission Festival on October 14. There will be a potluck meal after church for which everyone is invited to stay.
- There will not be school October 16-19 as the teachers will be in South Carolina for the CLC Teacher’s Conference.
Last Week’s Friday Fun What is the difference between a jeweler and a jailer? Answer: A jeweler sells watches, a jailer watches cells.