Upcoming Events School Cleaners September 15 – K. Baker September 22 – K. Baker Sunday, September 16 Bible Class/Sunday School, 9:00 a.m. Church, 10:00 a.m. Sing in Church Church picnic Monday, September 24 Book orders due Parent Night – 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, September 26 School Pictures Sunday, October 14 Sing in church October 15 Parent/Teacher Conferences NO SCHOOL October 16-20 CLC Teacher’s Conference NO SCHOOL
Memory Work Hymn: Due Mon., Sept. 17 LSB #866: Lord Jesus Christ, the Children’s Friend K-2: v.4 TLH 655: I Pray Thee Dear Lord Jesus Gr. 3-8: all Bible Passages: Due Wed., Sept. 19 K: Rom. 6:23 Gr. 1: Luke 11:28 Gr. 2: 1 John 4:19; Prov. 8:13 Gr. 3: Rom. 3:20; John 3:16 Gr. 4: Rom. 1:16; 2 Tim. 3:15 Gr. 5: Rom. 6:23; 2 Cor. 3:6 Catechism: Due Fri., Sept. 21 1st commandment
Friday Fun Where does Friday come before Thursday?
- We will be singing in church this Sunday. If your children are not here for Sunday School at 9:00, they should be at church by 9:40 so that we may practice before the service. All are invited to come for Sunday School.
- As of today, we are halfway through the first grading period. Grades were sent home in the green folder so that you might know how your children are doing and what needs to be improved upon before the end of the grading period. Please initial or sign the half sheet and send it back to school on Monday.
- In order to allow the teachers to get to their work after school, please try to be at school as close to 3:15 as possible. The kindergarteners do their jobs before we close, so they are ready to go right at 3:15. Grades 3-8 do their jobs right after we close, but are usually done by 3:20. Thank you!
- Book orders were sent home this week. If you wish to order, please do so by September 24. You can even bring them along to the Parent night that evening.
- School pictures will be on Wednesday, September 26. These will be taken by Pastor again this year, but we are looking for a volunteer to come in and assist him. We usually start the pictures at about 9:30 and it takes roughly 45 minutes. If you are able to help (mostly getting students when it is their turn, helping with hair and/or clothing), please speak with Mrs. Hein. After the pictures are taken, Pastor will edit them as he has time and you will receive an order form. They will then be ordered from Sam’s Club for a very affordable price.
- We were already able to secure a date for the Northtown Christmas concert. It will be on Thursday, December 20 at 2:00 p.m. Since this is not a kindergarten day, we would like to ask that they come to school at 12:30 that day so that we can practice before going over to the mall. Kindergarten parents, if this is a problem for any of you, please speak with Mrs. Hein, otherwise please add that date to your calendar.
Last Week’s Friday Fun What five-letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it? Answer: short