September 8 – A. Baker
September 15 – K. Baker
Sunday, September 9
Bible Class/Sunday School, 9:00 a.m.
Church, 10:00 a.m.
Sunday, September 16
Sing in Church
Monday, September 24
Parent Night – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 14
Sing in church
Hymn: Due Mon., Sept. 10
LSB #866: Lord Jesus Christ, the Children’s Friend
Gr. 2-8: v 3-4
Bible Passages: Due Wed., Sept. 12
K: 1 John 4:19
Gr. 1: 1 Thess. 5:17
Gr. 2: Rom. 3:20; John 3:16
Gr. 3: John 10:35; Rom. 1:16
Gr. 4: 2 Tim. 3:16; John 10:35
Gr. 5: Matt. 22:37, 39; Rom. 3:20
Catechism: Due Fri., Sept. 14
NT Books of the Bible – highlighted portion
What five-letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?
- Thank you to those who found a tape player for Mrs. Nelson’s room. We have what we need now.
- It is helpful if the students can get to school by at least 7:55 so that they have time to put away their things and get ready for devotion. Some have been coming seconds before devotion or after it has already started and then it is difficult to get everything ready before the day begins. Your help is appreciated!
- It would be a good idea if the students could bring a sweatshirt or light jacket to have at school for those cool fall mornings. They are welcome to leave one hanging in their lockers so that they always make sure to have one if necessary.
- We are trying to reach a goal of $150 for our fall submission of Box Tops for Education. If you can, please clip and save those box tops! Ask friends, relatives, and neighbors if they would be willing to help out our school. Box tops should be turned in by October 30.
- We are still working on learning the books of the Bible. Youtube videos are available to help: https://youtu.be/EBwsEoVHiGg https://youtu.be/XOGuHN9Jsis
Last Week’s Friday Fun What has a face and two hands but no arms or legs? Answer: a clock