February 17 – Rinne
February 24 – Wales
Sunday, February 18
Bible Class 9:00 a.m.
Church 10:00 a.m.
Monday, February 19
Tuesday, February 20
Language 1-3: 5 questions
Language A, B, Grammar I: note cards
Wednesday, February 21
Lenten Soup Supper, 6:00 p.m.
Ash Wednesday, church 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, February 22
Book orders due
Sunday, February 25
Sunday School sings in church
Hymn: Due Tues., Feb. 20
Gr. 1: v.1
Gr. 2-8: v. 1-2
Bible Passages: Due Wed., Feb. 21
Gr. 1: John 1:29
Gr. 2: Gal. 3:26; Ps. 124:8
Gr. 3: Ps. 24:1; 2 Thess. 3:10
Gr. 4: Eph. 6:1; Acts 5:29
Gr. 5: Matt. 28:18-20; 1 Cor. 6:20
Catechism: Due Fri., Feb. 23
The Address to the Lord’s Prayer
What does this set of three have in common? website – cuff – chain
- Many of the students have been slipping in their memory work lately. We are asking you parents to please spend some time helping your children at home, especially the younger ones. The students will also be encouraged to work a little more diligently at school. Your help is appreciated!
- There is no school on Monday for President’s Day. If you are looking for something to do with your children that day, consider going to Rep. Diane Loeffler’s Annual President’s Day Capitol Tour. The tours start at 10 am and 11 am. Participants can tour the beautifully restored Minnesota Capitol and learn about the work done there. The event is free and appropriate for all ages. Reservations and info: 651-296-4219 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our submission for Box Tops for Education is fast approaching. Please bring any you have at home.
- Singing dates:
- Sunday, February 25 (Sunday School) – 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday, March 25 (Palm Sunday mini-concert) – 10:00 a.m.
- Friday, March 30 (Good Friday) – 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 1 (Easter) – 9:00 a.m.
- Sunday, May 20 (Confirmation) – 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday, May 27 (Graduation) – 9:00 a.m.
- Olympic country facts (as discovered by our students):
- China: Put together all of China’s railway lines and they could loop around the earth twice!
- Japan: The Japanese have more pets than children.
- Austria: 62% of Austria is covered by the Austrian Alps.
- Norway: Skiing and speed skating are the top winter Olympic sports.
- United States: Had the first man to walk on the moon.
- Finland: There is an ice hotel in Finland!
- Italy: 5th most populous country in Europe
- Russia: It has the world’s largest McDonalds.
- Australia: Gina Rinehart is the richest woman in the world, earning over $1,000,000 every half hour. That’s $598 every second!
- Czech Republic: In 1998, the Czech Republic won the gold medal in ice hockey.
- Germany: The flag of Germany is black, red, and gold.
Last Week’s Friday Fun
What does this set of three have in common? checkbook – tire – scale Answer: They are all balanced.