February 10 – Rinne
February 17 – Rinne
Sunday, February 11
Bible Class 9:00 a.m.
Church 10:00 a.m.
Sing in church
Tuesday, February 13
Table Time Talk (TTT) idea chosen
Wednesday, February 14
Valentine’s Day party
Lenten Soup Supper, 6:00 p.m.
Ash Wednesday, church 7:00 p.m.
Monday, February 19
Sunday, February 25
Sunday School sings in church
Hymn: Due Mon., Feb. 12
Supplement page 2:
Gloria in Excelsis
Gr. 1-3: Highlighted portion
Gr. 4-8: all
Bible Passages: Due Wed., Feb. 14
Gr. 1: Rom. 5:12; Luke 2:11
Gr. 2: Matt. 22:37, 39; Matt. 28:19
Gr. 3: Prov. 1:10; 1 John 1:7
Gr. 4: Heb. 10:25; 1 Cor. 14:40
Gr. 5: Matt. 17:5: Mark 16:15
Catechism: Due Fri., Feb. 16
The Third Article (highlighted portion)
What does this set of three have in common? checkbook – tire – scale
- We are singing “Jesus on the Mountain Peak” this Sunday. If the children are not at Sunday School, they should be at church by 9:40 so that we can practice the hymn before the service.
- When it is your family’s turn to clean the school over the weekend, please make sure that the floors are getting vacuumed with the vacuum cleaners and not the carpet sweepers. The carpet sweepers work well for the students to use during the week, but the vacuums do a much better job of getting the sand and salt out of the carpet. Thanks!
- We have students arriving very close to or after 8:00 in the morning. We start devotion at 8:00 and when they get here so close to that time, there is not sufficient time to hand in homework or to get ready for the day. If possible, please try to get your children here a little earlier so they are ready to go for devotion at 8:00.
- Tuesday is the due date for the students to have an idea ready to present for their Table Talk Time. There is nothing that needs to be brought to school for this at this time, just an idea of what each student will be doing. Please refer to the Student Fair folder that was sent home for more information on ideas for this. Since the first graders do not get the folder, a copy of the folder page was put into their assignment notebooks.
- The Valentine’s Day party is on Wednesday, February 14. The students may bring their Valentine collection boxes beginning Monday. Hot lunch will be provided by the party volunteers.
- Our Box Tops for Education submission is due March 1. If you have any at home, please try to get them to school by the last week in February.
- Singing dates:
- Sunday, February 11 – 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday, February 25 (Sunday School) – 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday, March 25 (Palm Sunday mini-concert) – 10:00 a.m.
- Friday, March 30 (Good Friday) – 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 1 (Easter) – 9:00 a.m.
- Sunday, May 20 (Confirmation) – 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday, May 27 (Graduation) – 9:00 a.m.
Last Week’s Friday Fun
What does this set of three have in common? taste – ear – rose Answer: They all have buds.