September 16 – K. Baker
September 23 – K. Baker
Sunday, September 17
Sunday School/Bible Class 9:00 a.m.
Church 10:00 a.m.
Sing in church
Monday, September 18
Parent night 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, September 19
Friday, September 29
School picture day
Monday, October 16
Teacher’s Conference in Mankato
Hymn Due: Mon., Sept. 18
Children are a Gift from You, Lord
Gr. 1-4: v. 5
The Sure Prophetic Word
Gr. 5-8: v. 1-2
Bible Passages Due: Wed., Sept. 20
Gr. 1: 1 Thess. 5:17
Gr. 2: 1 John 4:19; Prov. 8:13
Gr. 3: Rom. 3:20; John 3:16
Gr. 4: Rom. 1:16; 2 Tim. 3:15
Gr. 5: Rom. 6:23; 2 Cor. 3:6
Catechism Due: Fri., Sept. 22
What does this set of three have in common?car – tree – elephant
- The children are singing “Children are a Gift from You, Lord” in church this Sunday. If they are not here for Sunday School at 9:00, please have them here by 9:45 so we can run through the hymn before church. After church will be our church picnic. Our member families are asked to bring a dish to pass. Meat/buns and drinks will be provided.
- Mid-term grades were sent home today in the green Friday Folders. Please look them over with your children then sign and return them on Monday.
- We recently had an unfortunate event with a vacuum cleaner and the cord. Because of this, the children are no longer vacuuming after school. What this means for our families is that the vacuuming has to be done for sure when it is your weekend to clean. Thank you!
- On Monday evening at 7:00 we will be holding our annual parent night. Parents will have a chance to visit both of the classrooms to talk about what’s new for the school year and have a chance to ask questions. We will have refreshments afterwards. This should take no more than an hour.
- Our first field trip of the year has been arranged. We will be attending the Ordway’s production of Diavolo on Monday, October 23. The performance will begin at 10:30. From the Ordway website: “Leaping, flying, and falling, Diavolo utilizes trust, teamwork, and imagination, in a large, surreal architectural playground to create metaphors of life through dance and movement. Company members use a fusion of many different movement vocabularies including everyday movement, ballet, modern dance, gymnastics, and acrobatics to overcome obstacles and show us the incredible power of a connected and creative community.”
Getting to Know You!
Daniel H: Favorite place: Washington State Favorite TV show: Mythbusters Favorite thing to do on Saturday morning: sleep, then mow Favorite singer: James Taylor One time I: hit a home run during a baseball game
Last Week’s Friday Fun
What does this set of three have in common? earth – book – inch Answer: They are all types of worms