Upcoming Events School Cleaners September 2 – A. Baker September 9 – A. Baker Sunday, September 3 Church 9:00 a.m. Monday, September 4 Labor Day NO SCHOOL Sunday, September 17 Sing in Church 10:00 a.m. Church picnic Monday, September 18 Parent night 7:00 p.m. (Formerly open house)
Memory Work Hymn Due: Tues., Sept. 5 Children are a Gift from You, Lord Gr. 1: v.1 Gr. 2-4: v. 1-2 Gr. 5-8: v. 1-3 Bible Passages Due: Wed., Sept. 6 Gr. 1: John 3:16 Gr. 2: 2 Pet. 1:21; John 10:35 Gr. 3: Eph. 6:4; 2 Pet. 1:21 Gr. 4: Eph. 6:4; 2 Pet. 1:21 Gr. 5: John 3:16; Rom. 1:16 Catechism Due: Fri., Sept. 8 OT Books of the Bible Gr. 1: Genesis – Ruth Gr. 2: Genesis – Psalms Gr. 3-4: Genesis – Daniel Gr. 5: all
What does this set of three have in common?
Picnic – card – pool
- We had a wonderful first week of school! The students genuinely seem happy to be back and appear eager to learn. The teachers are pretty happy to be back as well.
- The 1st – 5th graders should have brought home their green Friday folder today with their memory work booklet. The Bible passages in this booklet are sent home individually each week, but if they misplace the passages, they have this booklet which stays at home in which you can easily look up their passages. Please send the green folder back to school on Tuesday.
- Memory work next week is a little different due to the Monday holiday. Normally, the hymn will be recited on Mondays, the Bible passages on Tuesdays, and the catechism part on Friday. The children should be working on all three portions of the memory work every day so they should be ready to say their memory work any day of the week.
- There is a change to the singing schedule. It was previously announced that the Sunday School (which the Day School is welcome to join) would sing on October 22, but that has been changed to Sunday, October 29.
- The Fall schedule at church will be starting on Sunday, September 10. This means that Sunday School and Bible Class will be at 9:00 a.m. and church will be at 10:00 a.m.
- Getting to Know You!
- Favorite place: a park
- Favorite drink: milk
- Favorite TV show: Animaniacs
- Something funny that happened to me: One day I couldn’t stop laughing.
- Something I never want to do is: Be trapped in a bathroom again!
- Last Week’s Friday Fun Stay tuned . . .