|Upcoming Events||Memory Work|
|Hymn: (Due Mon., Dec. 12)|
|School Cleaners||Of the Father’s Love Begotten|
|December 10 – LaDue||Gr. 1-2: v. 1-2|
|December 17 – Middleton||Gr. 4-5: v. 1-2|
|Gr. 6-8: all|
|Sunday, December 11|
|Sunday School/Bible Class, 9:00 a.m.|
|Church 10:00 a.m.||Bible Passages: (Due. Wed., Dec. 14)|
|Christmas Eve rehearsal 12-2 p.m.||Christmas service:|
|Resposive reading “children”, p. 1|
|Friday, December 16|
|Sing at Northtown Mall, 2:00 p.m.||Catechism: (Due Fri., Dec. 16)|
|WS 707, v. 2, p. 10|
|Sunday, December 18|
|Christmas Eve rehearsal 8:45-9:45 a.m.|
|Wednesday, December 21|
|Christmas candlelight service, 7:00 p.m.||Kindergarten –|
|Children sing||Hymn: (Due Mon., Dec. 12)|
|Away in a Manger|
|Friday, December 23|
|School Christmas party||Bible Passages: (Due Thurs., Dec. 15)|
|Christmas break begins||“Kindergarten and Preschool” p. 2|
|Tuesday, January 3|
|Catechism: (Due Thurs., Dec. 15)|
|School resumes||“Kindergarten” p10|
I am an insect and the first half of my name reveals another insect. Some famous musicians had a name similar to mine. What am I?
- Answer to last week’s Friday Fun: I can sizzle like bacon, I am made with an egg, I have plenty of backbone, but lack a good leg. I peel layers like onions, but still remain whole, I can be long like a flagpole, yet fit in a hole. What am I? Answer: A snake
- Kindergarten days next week will be Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- There will be Christmas Eve rehearsal on Sunday from noon until about 2 p.m. and on Sunday, December 18 from 8:45 – 9:45.
- The Northtown concert is on Friday, December 16, at 2:00 p.m. The children are asked to wear black bottoms (skirt or pants) and white tops. The school provides red vests for them to wear. Parents, grandparents, friends, and neighbors are invited to come! We will need a driver or two to help transport the children to the mall. If you are willing, please let Mrs. Hein know.
- Gifts for the volunteers may be dropped off at any time.
- The students of Grace Lutheran School have reached an important milestone. We’ve read and reported on 1,000 books at our respective reading levels. It has been our tradition to celebrate with a movie party where the movie is based on a book. On Wednesday, December 21, we will be watching Little Women as this classic story, set around Christmastime, is rated G for all audiences and the 7th and 8th grade reading class just completed an excerpt from that book. It’s also exciting to note that we have never reached this milestone so early in the school year. This means our all-time book record of 1,442 is in easy reach. It helps to have a bigger school with more readers, or younger readers reading shorter books, but we want to encourage ALL students to have an impact and do their part making 2016- 2017 the best book-reading year ever! If your student has finished books they’ve forgotten to record, please encourage them to do so, even if the books are read outside of the school day.
Getting to Know You
What is your favorite . . .
|Fruit: all fruit||
|Game: outdoor games||
Game: Dr. Eurika
|Book: Mysterious Benedict Society||
Book: Wings of Fire
Book: Fighting Men of WWII: Axis Forces