- There is no regular Friday note this week, but here are some reminders.
- The children drew names today for the school Christmas party. They each have a slip of paper with the child’s name, grade, and a few ideas for gifts. Please do not send these to school before December 19th.
- I still do not have any volunteers to drive/chaperone for the field trip on Dec. 2. If you are willing and able to do this, please let me know as soon as possible. I have already paid for the field trip and would really not like to have to cancel it.
- Kindergarten families, please make sure to look at the school calendar as there are extra days in the month of December.
- The Christmas Eve services were sent home this week. Please make sure that your children are working on their memory work.
- From Sunday’s bulletin:
This is the (Christmas Eve) rehearsal schedule:
o Sun., Dec. 4: 12-2 pm (luncheon at church and may start a bit early)
o Sun., Dec. 11: 12-2 pm (luncheon at church and may start a bit early)
o Sun., Dec. 18: 8:45-9:45 am (please be here at 8:45 am so that we
can start promptly in order to get through everything)
- December is a busy month, but please remember the importance of these rehearsals for a successful Christmas Eve service. It is quite helpful for the children to know their individual parts by the first rehearsal, grade level parts by second rehearsal, and entire children parts by the third rehearsal. The three “Luke 2” parts are all together as a group. Parents are encouraged not to have your children formally memorize Luke 2, but to simply say it with the children once or twice a day. By the time Christmas Eve comes around, they will know these well. Each child should attend at least 2 sessions, but attending all is obviously the most preferable. The last
rehearsal on December 18 is the most critical as it is the dress rehearsal. The children have a wonderful opportunity to express the Good News of our salvation through Jesus Christ. The parents’ help is greatly appreciated to make everything go well, as is evident by how well things have gone the past few years.
- The children will be singing at Northtown Mall at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, December 16. This usually takes about 30 minutes. The children will be free to go home after the concert is over. They will also be singing on Wednesday, December 21 at 7:00 p.m. for the annual Christmas candlelight service.